Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m not sure what is causing this but I just got this coralife filter and when I plug it in it seems fine for a second then it rapidly fills the collection cup then when it’s full it starts spraying out of the little hole all over the back of the tank and floor. And I mean like spraying, over the filter with some power. Is this that “break in” period lol.

BA3568A9-14CF-47FC-86D7-754B95CEC8A8.jpeg AB1A569E-2615-4AD1-816B-9FF8FF52B62C.jpeg

CLICK TO VIEW

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ahhh, the coralife skilter filter. I used to sell these. Its an older filter which in the day was the latest and the greatest. Not sure what tank size you have but was rated up to 30g tank.
Check the needle wheel for obstruction in the skimmer portion and run at lowest setting and gradually build up the rate. You want to start slow to get the pad seeded.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Yerxi

Yerxi

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you have it tuned too high. I don't have that particular skimmer. However the only thing thats supposed to make it into the cup is foam.
I’ve tried with very little air and all the way but it just fills the entire thing with water with no air really either way

OP
OP
Yerxi

Yerxi

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh, the coralife skilter filter. I used to sell these. Its an older filter which in the day was the latest and the greatest. Not sure what tank size you have but was rated up to 30g tank.
Check the needle wheel for obstruction in the skimmer portion and run at lowest setting and gradually build up the rate. You want to start slow to get the pad seeded.
It’s a 29gal and I don’t see any way to adjust the speed that runs at so how would I go about that?

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It’s a 29gal and I don’t see any way to adjust the speed that runs at so how would I go about that?
There should be a tube going to skimmer. If no flow control, pinch it with paper clip

BRS
OP
OP
Yerxi

Yerxi

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be a tube going to skimmer. If no flow control, pinch it with paper clip
my bad i thought you meant like a controller from the pump, there is a dial on the air intake but the problem isnt air (ive tried both extremes, no air and valve fully open) its water. it is almost like all the power of the pump is going only into the skimmer then sprays out the hole at the top

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
my bad i thought you meant like a controller from the pump, there is a dial on the air intake but the problem isnt air (ive tried both extremes, no air and valve fully open) its water. it is almost like all the power of the pump is going only into the skimmer then sprays out the hole at the top
Yes, that intake. Assure the air line is not blocked (blow into it) - should flow freely. If not . pinching the line should help.

Corals.com
OP
OP
Yerxi

Yerxi

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that intake. Assure the air line is not blocked (blow into it) - should flow freely. If not . pinching the line should help.
no i got what you meant. i used a different line and now know that's not the issue. The collection cup just fills with water within a couple seconds of plugging the device in and at such a rapid pace it starts spraying out when full

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Breeders
Back