Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to begin qt for the first few fish going into my 400 gal display. I have searched the forums to see if this has been discussed already, but no luck. Are there any special precautions needed for myself when using Copper Safe?
I have full length gloves if needed, but just wanted to see if it is safe to come into contact with skin if I am washing afterwards?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to begin qt for the first few fish going into my 400 gal display. I have searched the forums to see if this has been discussed already, but no luck. Are there any special precautions needed for myself when using Copper Safe?
I have full length gloves if needed, but just wanted to see if it is safe to come into contact with skin if I am washing afterwards?

Keep it out of reach of kids, but unless you drink it, or get it in your eyes there is no issue. Once diluted to a treatment concentration it is inconsequential to humans.

Formalin is another story.....

Jay

AS
OP
OP
P

P.kapp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it out of reach of kids, but unless you drink it, or get it in your eyes there is no issue. Once diluted to a treatment concentration it is inconsequential to humans.

Formalin is another story.....

Jay
Thanks for your response Jay! I’ve read all your qt threads and feel pretty confident doing it now!

Avast

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back