Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would believe so. Reputable guy in our area that runs a really good store. He’s been great to deal with on this matter, and I plan on having him install a 2000g tank into our new home build. He’s been nothing but honest during this but mentioned that we could run carbon to remove the copper? Is this accurate? I love reef tanks but know very little about keeping them up. We pick fish and corals we like by what my 6 year old sees at the fish store. We of course make sure they are compatible.

Yes carbon will remove it but much slower than cuprizorb+poly filter. Even with cuprizorb+poly filter you are looking at about a month or even longer. I've never tried zero copper and a reef with just carbon alone. Running it in a reactor is also much more efficient, whether you use just carbon alone or cuprizorb. If you don't have a reactor I'm sure the store could loan you a reactor and pump you could easily drop in your sump.

Corals.com

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard similar to lion king’s comment from others: water changes with cuprisorb and poly filters seems to work (at least in some cases).

Some threads with examples:

OP
OP
LivingSalty

LivingSalty

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard similar to lion king’s comment from others: water changes with cuprisorb and poly filters seems to work (at least in some cases).

Some threads with examples:
As it stands, should I just continue to treat my DT with copper to kill the ich and then run the poly to get it all out? At the point my corals and anem are dead. Highly doubt they make a miraculous come back. I can go ahead now and treat and take the time to get it all out before adding new anem and coral?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As it stands, should I just continue to treat my DT with copper to kill the ich and then run the poly to get it all out? At the point my corals and anem are dead. Highly doubt they make a miraculous come back. I can go ahead now and treat and take the time to get it all out before adding new anem and coral?
Since all your inverts are dead and continuing the treatment in the tank really can't hurt anything, personally, I'd just finish out the treatment (running it in the DT would probably be less stressful for the fish).

That said, I'd also talk with your aquarium maintenance company and discuss trying the polyfilters and cuprisorb (and/or carbon) to remove the copper, and I'd discuss steps to take - up to and possibly including having them cover the cost of replacement for your losses - if it doesn't work for you (I'd guess that it will work for you, but it's good to have your bases covered). Like was mentioned, this kind of thing should really be covered by the business' insurance for full replacement, so if the copper doesn't come out for you, I'd see what/how much you can get them to replace.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back