Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is about the relative strength/concentration of different 2-part brands.

I've been using the BRS pharma pouches for years, and they work well. However I also use the RedSea Coral Colors trace elements, and they suggest dosing based on the uptake of calcium... RedSea calcium! So to help me, does anyone know the answer to this formula?

x mL of RedSea Calcium (Foundation A) = y mL of BRS Pharma Pouch Calcium (mixed in a 1 gal jug)

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Jax15

Jax15

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question is more about concentration. I'm trying to figure out how many ml of BRS calcium would equate to 20ppm.

But I think you helped me solve this -- I realized I could calculate this using the BRS dosing calculator. When I got there, I realized they did this for me.. they actually added a RS Trace Elements calculator! :)

They also have this: Add 1mL of Red Sea Trace Colors additives for every 51.1mL of BRS Pharma Liquid Calcium Chloride Solution

Top Shelf Aquatics

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question is more about concentration. I'm trying to figure out how many ml of BRS calcium would equate to 20ppm.

But I think you helped me solve this -- I realized I could calculate this using the BRS dosing calculator. When I got there, I realized they did this for me.. they actually added a RS Trace Elements calculator! :)

They also have this: Add 1mL of Red Sea Trace Colors additives for every 51.1mL of BRS Pharma Liquid Calcium Chloride Solution

This calculator will; allow you to determine how much of BRS is 20 ppm in your system:

Use the entry for Randy Recipe #1 if you use the BRS carbonate (washing soda) version

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Extreme Corals
Back