Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Information of where the crab was caught is definitely helpful. I think it (might) be a red footed crab (Grapsus grapsus) they are found all over but found a few sites that have them in the Gulf of Oman which is very close to Dubai. I did some more reading and the adults lay the eggs in the ocean close to the shore. The babies are darker in color and have the white spots as you described and once they reach a certain size they leave the ocean. I could be wrong but I figured I would take another guess given the new information.

World Wide Corals

Malifry97

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Information of where the crab was caught is definitely helpful. I think it (might) be a red footed crab (Grapsus grapsus) they are found all over but found a few sites that have them in the Gulf of Oman which is very close to Dubai. I did some more reading and the adults lay the eggs in the ocean close to the shore. The babies are darker in color and have the white spots as you described and once they reach a certain size they leave the ocean. I could be wrong but I figured I would take another guess given the new information.
+1

OP
OP
mattybecks

mattybecks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Inkbird
Back