Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone looking for home grown live phyto? We are growing four species (nanno, tet, iso, and Porphyridium) so we can dose our tank every day but we end up having a lot more each week than we actually need. In Firestone.

If you’re interested hit me up!
I would love to connect on this! I live in Denver and, would love to know more on the process that you use to cultivate this as well as how much you are selling it for. :D

beesnreefs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to connect on this! I live in Denver and, would love to know more on the process that you use to cultivate this as well as how much you are selling it for. :D
My wife grows the phyto using the Poseiden Reef Systems reactors. She grows 2 species a week (nanno and tet one week, iso and porph the next) and we combine them into a 4-species mix. All in all we're making about 1.5-1.75 gallons a week but we only use about 1/2 gallon each week in our tank.

I'll tell you what, though, it's a huge money saver in the long run. A gallon of phyto from AlageBarn would cost around $100!

If you really are interested in buying some, DM me and we can figure something out.

Top Shelf Aquatics

ledgeco

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone local have or know where I can get some live black worms? Picky copperband trying to get eating
I buy live black worms from Eastern aquatics out of pennsylvania.

Worms are cheap, shipping insane,... but it has my fish laying eggs and constantly spawning throughout the tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Vested

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy live black worms from Eastern aquatics out of pennsylvania.

Worms are cheap, shipping insane,... but it has my fish laying eggs and constantly spawning throughout the tank.

Where out of stock when I checked and still are looks like there is a big shortage, ended up getting some from ebay and started a culture. If anyone needs them hit me up

CloudReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know why it's so hard to find an external overflow on a stock tank? I'm looking for a 30x24x20 tank with an external overflow and it doesn't exist without going custom. I swear there was more tank variety 20 years ago.

Nutramar Foods

Vested

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CloudReefer Where external overflows a thing 20 years ago lol? Thought they where relatively new, highly recommend them though. I know SCA has some drilled for synergys overflow that you can order online, really like them. If you are interested in a quote for a completely custom planet aquariums tank let me know I can sort that out.

CloudReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anecdotally, they seemed pretty common and most reefers I knew had one on their tank. I don't know if they were actually more common then, but I can tell you even 20 years ago they were not a new thing.

Yeah man I'd be interested in seeing what PA can build for me. I'll send a PM with what I am looking for. Thanks! :)

@CloudReefer Where external overflows a thing 20 years ago lol? Thought they where relatively new, highly recommend them though. I know SCA has some drilled for synergys overflow that you can order online, really like them. If you are interested in a quote for a completely custom planet aquariums tank let me know I can sort that out.

Vested

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anecdotally, they seemed pretty common and most reefers I knew had one on their tank. I don't know if they were actually more common then, but I can tell you even 20 years ago they were not a new thing.

Yeah man I'd be interested in seeing what PA can build for me. I'll send a PM with what I am looking for. Thanks! :)
Wish they where more common now, next tank I get will definitely have one the amount of extra space is so nice.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tropic Marin USA
Back