Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Sorry for the somewhat unclear video. I need to clean my glass. My little clown is swimming a little odd the last day, and I want to see if his swimming looks normal. My bigger clown seems to be swimming similarly just a little less spastic. They both are kind of bucking when they swim. I'm watching them currently, and I just noticed they are also doing little short quick dives. I took a second video to upload. Let me know what you think. I'm a little worried, but hopefully it's nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_6081.mov
    26.6 MB
  • IMG_6082.mov
    31.1 MB
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey! Sorry for the somewhat unclear video. I need to clean my glass. My little clown is swimming a little odd the last day, and I want to see if his swimming looks normal. My bigger clown seems to be swimming similarly just a little less spastic. They both are kind of bucking when they swim. I'm watching them currently, and I just noticed they are also doing little short quick dives. I took a second video to upload. Let me know what you think. I'm a little worried, but hopefully it's nothing.
Having clowns for years , I dont see anything far off or odd. Clowns have no definite swim pattern but what i see is typical pattern.
I assume eating ?
What foods are you feeding as they appear a little thin?

You have a growth of green hair algae suggesting high phosphates and lights too bright and need for some snails such as: Astrea, turbo grazer, cerith, trochus and a pencil urchin. Even a few carribean blue leg hermits reduce white intensity and pull what algae you can by hand and discard

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
R

Runnin'Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having clowns for years , I dont see anything far off or odd. Clowns have no definite swim pattern but what i see is typical pattern.
I assume eating ?
What foods are you feeding as they appear a little thin?

You have a growth of green hair algae suggesting high phosphates and lights too bright and need for some snails such as: Astrea, turbo grazer, cerith, trochus and a pencil urchin. Even a few carribean blue leg hermits reduce white intensity and pull what algae you can by hand and discard
Looks like clownfish just doing clownfish things. Are they breathing rapidly or not eating?
They both ate tonight! I just haven't seem them swim like that before, so I got a little worried. I lost one when I was on a trip two weeks ago, and my dad was taking care of my tank daily. The others have been doing fine, but I got nervous when something seemed a little off. I have just been feeding marine flakes (omega one). I have a frozen pack of food with 4 different options (brine, mysis, greens, and something else that I forget). I haven't tried the frozen in a while because they're cubed and the cubes are way more food than I need. I need to go back to it though to give more variety and solid food.

Also, just checked the parameters and everything is within reason...
Temp: 77.0
pH: 8.2
ammonia: 0
nitrate: 0
nitrate: between 5 and 0 (which is lower than I want. I didn't realize it was that low)

They seem to be breathing just fine also.

The algae has been getting pretty bad as of recent. It's a new tank (2 months old). I have a plan for the algae that someone gave me on here. I just need to make some water for a big water change and then I was told to dose a mL of 30% hydrogen peroxide every night for 5 days and to keep my lights on 15-20% blues while dosing bacteria in the mornings. I have some dinos starting too so I gotta get on it. I have two blue leg hermits and a halloween hermit that eats like a pig. I am getting some cerith snails in the next week. What can I do about high phosphates?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They both ate tonight! I just haven't seem them swim like that before, so I got a little worried. I lost one when I was on a trip two weeks ago, and my dad was taking care of my tank daily. The others have been doing fine, but I got nervous when something seemed a little off. I have just been feeding marine flakes (omega one). I have a frozen pack of food with 4 different options (brine, mysis, greens, and something else that I forget). I haven't tried the frozen in a while because they're cubed and the cubes are way more food than I need. I need to go back to it though to give more variety and solid food.

Also, just checked the parameters and everything is within reason...
Temp: 77.0
pH: 8.2
ammonia: 0
nitrate: 0
nitrate: between 5 and 0 (which is lower than I want. I didn't realize it was that low)

They seem to be breathing just fine also.

The algae has been getting pretty bad as of recent. It's a new tank (2 months old). I have a plan for the algae that someone gave me on here. I just need to make some water for a big water change and then I was told to dose a mL of 30% hydrogen peroxide every night for 5 days and to keep my lights on 15-20% blues while dosing bacteria in the mornings. I have some dinos starting too so I gotta get on it. I have two blue leg hermits and a halloween hermit that eats like a pig. I am getting some cerith snails in the next week. What can I do about high phosphates?
Phosphate- reduce amount fed and even add a pouch of chemipure blue
Whst test kits are you using as tank appearance does not blend with readings
Any change with water flow recently?

OP
OP
R

Runnin'Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate- reduce amount fed and even add a pouch of chemipure blue
Whst test kits are you using as tank appearance does not blend with readings
Any change with water flow recently?
I'm using an API kit. I didn't think the nitrate reading should be that low. I was actually super confused because I wouldn't be able to have that much algae growth with such low nitrates. I'm going to test again with my coral API kit for the nitrates and see what it comes out to. I'll get some chemipure blue to run in my intank media basket to try and lower the phosphates.

No change in water flow recently! I actually need to get a wavemaker to add some variable flow

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything overly wrong with them. They do look really small. Have you had them long? Be sure to feed them multiple times a day.

Jay

OP
OP
R

Runnin'Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything overly wrong with them. They do look really small. Have you had them long? Be sure to feed them multiple times a day.

Jay
I've only had them for around a month. That's good to know. I have been doing a big nightly feeding, but I'll start doing morning and night before and after work. Thank you!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had them for around a month. That's good to know. I have been doing a big nightly feeding, but I'll start doing morning and night before and after work. Thank you!

You don't want to leave uneaten food in the tank, but they have tiny stomachs, so many small feedings per days is best.

Jay

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back