Clownfish stopped eating

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I can see in the video is that the female clown is really obese (see how the head is smaller than the body?). That can lead to fatty liver disease, which in turn will cause a fish to stop eating.

Generally, when a single fish in a tank is affected, you can rule out water quality issues, as well as epizootic diseases, as those would affect all of the fish more or less equally.

OP
OP
D

darkside7747

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I can see in the video is that the female clown is really obese (see how the head is smaller than the body?). That can lead to fatty liver disease, which in turn will cause a fish to stop eating.

Generally, when a single fish in a tank is affected, you can rule out water quality issues, as well as epizootic diseases, as those would affect all of the fish more or less equally.
Thanks for the response I’ll try to keep the feeding down in that tank

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
These are the clowns
Please repost images under bright white intensity. The blue lighting is flushing them out. Additionally the one clown appears to be constipated and may be reason not eating.
If feeding mysis shrimp, pull off for now as it creates excess mucus in the stomach

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back