Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spotted my clowns doing something that they don't usually do, and I thought it might be breeding behaviour. Desperately trying to get a video, but they've stopped for now.

The male seemed to be picking at some rockwork, and then he started to do his little shakes, and she responded with her own little shakes, and they kept doing this for a few seconds, and I thought "are they chosing a rock?"

I know they arent submission shakes, beause we are long past that stage, and he only does them when she nips during feeding time to tell him its her turn. This was just out of the blue, after the male was messing around with a rock.

Anything I should be on the look out for?

World Wide Corals

Dbichler

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes those are signs. When the female actually lays eggs they either go side by side and wiggle together or the female goes first and the male right after. Mine lay eggs both ways. I don’t try and raise them though so don’t know if one way is more productive then the other. If you want them to spawn you may have to increase feeding a little or turn you heater up just a little.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back