Clown Fish Spot on Side. Maybe old scar?

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Been there since I got it. They (red spotted hawk fish purchased at same time) Have been through TTM for the past two weeks with a transfer every 48 hours. They have had two doses of Prazi pro a week apart. I dose 24 hours before the next TT, and they have been on a diet of metro/focus frozen brineshrimp. Both are eating well. This is normally my go to TTM procedure for new arrivals with good success. Please see spots below on clown. I was considering moving them to DT today since is been 16 days post purchase.

IMG_1124 (1).jpg IMG_1123 (1).jpg IMG_1122.jpg

eecummins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it red red or same colour as the non-white part

could just be a defect

btw i think i see white on the caudal and back dorsal; maybe just lympho

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Either sand grain or anemone sting

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
is it red red or same colour as the non-white part

could just be a defect

btw i think i see white on the caudal and back dorsal; maybe just lympho
I would say its not red - doesn't look to be irritated. But not as orange as the rest of the body either. yea i noticed that now too. if not lympho then what?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
its in Barebottom QT right now. the mark is amount 2mm x 2mm. Or do you mean the white on the fins?
No, the spot, mid body but im now on a larger screen and more represents small nick injury. Skip the metro and use only if necessary and needs to be added precisely by weight which is .5 gm
Hawkfish may play a role with that spot

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
No, the spot, mid body but im now on a larger screen and more represents small nick injury. Skip the metro and use only if necessary and needs to be added precisely by weight which is .5 gm
Hawkfish may play a role with that spot
yea been off metro for a about 4 days. I send all fish through TTM, with Prazi dosed twice and Metro on their food. Safe to add to DT or should I add to my OBv tank for a week or so. Spot seems unchanged in two weeks so dunno

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea been off metro for a about 4 days. I send all fish through TTM, with Prazi dosed twice and Metro on their food. Safe to add to DT or should I add to my OBv tank for a week or so. Spot seems unchanged in two weeks so dunno

It isn't Lymphocystis. It could just be an old wound/defect. It could also be a bacterial infection from Vibrio. However, with that, the lesion will grow larger over time.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back