Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, so my girlfriends been begging me to try and breed our clown fish we have saddle back and ocerellis clown in our mini reef weve had them for months now with an bubble tip anemone that they both hang out in, unfortunately no luck on the eggs yet is it possible something is eating them? or they arent breeding in general?

10gallon tank with few other things living with them, 2 shrimp few snails few hermits watchman goby scooter benny

was told using a flower pot will make them breed inside it but havent attempt it yet would i need a separate tank to breed them in?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m not mistaken, you’re not getting any breeding because your mixing two different types of clowns, I’m surprised you don’t have any aggression.
yah im pretty sure they are paired they sleep in the anemone together been together for months now no issues they do the dance aswell

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Mwhitedesigns

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm how difficult or possible cross breeding species is. Breeding the same species can be hard enough. I would start with a mated pair of the same species.

Last edited:

Mical

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to agree cross breeding would be a long shot. I have two tomato clowns now for 9 years mated pair and they lay eggs monthly. When eggs hatch they go into water column and are either eaten by other fish or nems.

JerseyClowns

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, so my girlfriends been begging me to try and breed our clown fish we have saddle back and ocerellis clown in our mini reef weve had them for months now with an bubble tip anemone that they both hang out in, unfortunately no luck on the eggs yet is it possible something is eating them? or they arent breeding in general?

10gallon tank with few other things living with them, 2 shrimp few snails few hermits watchman goby scooter benny

was told using a flower pot will make them breed inside it but havent attempt it yet would i need a separate tank to breed them in?

Cross breeding is going to be a challenge, but not impossible. If you want to give breeding a try, I recommend you purchase a spawning pair from somebody you is looking to get out of the hobby or has too many pairs. I've had some pairs take years to start spawning, and given you choice of clowns, it may never happen.

World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back