Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, building custom 500 g TALL cube tank, with remote fish room. 44" x 44" x 72" tall.

NO gravity overflow, pressurized lines, filter will be remote in garage 30+ feet away. Protein skimmer planned in attic.

Planning to use Closed Loop bead filter, and aquaculture pump to handle primary filtration. System will be under pressure, so as to avoid the need to balance overflow and return from so far away.

Anyone done something like this, or have comments? Ball valves to control flow on suction and return, waste lines for emergency overflow, electronic flow meters and RO at water source. See below:
one-line-drawing-aquarium-v.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

T-J

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not an expert, but I think that's asking a lot from a single pump. I have questions about head pressure (skimmer in attic) as well as how you plan on the skimmer making bubbles if it's being powered by a remote pump. Of course, I could be missing something in the drawing.
I'd also be concerned about getting flow dialed in past the chiller and heater areas, then to the skimmer and tank. Are you planning on having any wavemakers in the DT to supplement water movement?

OP
OP
C

coreytrv

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not an expert, but I think that's asking a lot from a single pump. I have questions about head pressure (skimmer in attic) as well as how you plan on the skimmer making bubbles if it's being powered by a remote pump. Of course, I could be missing something in the drawing.
I'd also be concerned about getting flow dialed in past the chiller and heater areas, then to the skimmer and tank. Are you planning on having any wavemakers in the DT to supplement water movement?

It's a pretty beefy pump, my goal was to provide 10x + turnover rate of the display tank (DT), est 6000 GPH. The tank is almost 500 gallons.

1684287127128.png

The pump will fill the sump, and the bubbles will be made by the mini pump in the protein skimmer, and gravity drain back into the DT.

Since it's closed loop suction and return should be balanced. Use ball valves to adjust suction at skimmer box and deeper in the tank.

Wasn't planning wave makers, since the flow is relatively high. Maybe sprayer bar at the top for oxygenation.

Am I missing anything crucial for flow / filter / life support?
aquarium filter setup.jpg

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aquatic Life TDS Pen Offer
Back