View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
Just after a bit of info
I have a volume of water at 34L . Do fan chillers work or do I need a proper chiller . Any one know of a cheap chiller for this amount of water . Any help would be grate Thank you

AS

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone
Just after a bit of info
I have a volume of water at 34L . Do fan chillers work or do I need a proper chiller . Any one know of a cheap chiller for this amount of water . Any help would be grate Thank you
I live in the desert and run surface agitation on my 125 gallon tank- it evaporates enough to keep the temperature at 78 even when my house is at 83.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Propane

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Propane have you any more info on this I have never heard of this thanks nman​

Propane have you any more info on this I have never heard of this thanks nman​

So my friend with axolotls said she got one on amazon I looked and found a bunch but couldn’t create a link on my iPad. She got one there. Poafamx is the one she got. She said it seems to work pretty good.

OP
OP
Nman

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my friend with axolotls said she got one on amazon I looked and found a bunch but couldn’t create a link on my iPad. She got one there. Poafamx is the one she got. She said it seems to work pretty good.
Thank you I will check it out thanks again I appreciate it

OP
OP
Nman

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the desert and run surface agitation on my 125 gallon tank- it evaporates enough to keep the temperature at 78 even when my house is at 83.
Hi @tbrown3589 have you more info about this please Thank you

ca1ore

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fans work by evaporating cooling. Very effective as long as the humidity stays under 50% where you live. Above that they work less well.

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Like @ca1ore said the surface agitation - you can use a fan or powerheads - causes evaporation which drops the water temperature. The higher the surface agitation the higher the evaporation. The bigger the surface area you have the more effective it is at cooling.

How much are you trying to drop the temperature?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Nman

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like @ca1ore said the surface agitation - you can use a fan or powerheads - causes evaporation which drops the water temperature. The higher the surface agitation the higher the evaporation. The bigger the surface area you have the more effective it is at cooling.

It’s a native nano it sat at 19 now in the house but wanting to 12 uk cold water

ca1ore

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don’t think that’s what I said lol. Surface agitation has very little to do with it. The fans function is to remove the higher humidity air from the top of the tank and replace it with lower humidity air thus accelerating evaporation.

Nutramar Foods

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And that can be enough to bring water temp below ambient? Just curious how one can have 83* ambient and 78 in the tank. Maybe live in desert that has very low humidity?
I live in the desert, yes. Surface agitation causes evaporation, evaporation cools the water.
I don’t think that’s what I said lol. Surface agitation has very little to do with it. The fans function is to remove the higher humidity air from the top of the tank and replace it with lower humidity air thus accelerating evaporation.
Ok. So another way of causing evaporation to cool the water.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FnR
Back