Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A piece like that definitely needs backup pieces, lol. I could always trade a piece of mine once it grows more.

View attachment 3146574
I wish more reefers thought this way. Most of my best corals, are trades or " hold on to this for me just in case I lose the mother".

I'm not sure exactly what kind of corals you are into, but I'm sure we could find something in here..
PXL_20230507_231054579.jpg
PXL_20230507_230825879.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Poseidon03

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish more reefers thought this way. Most of my best corals, are trades or " hold on to this for me just in case I lose the mother".

I'm not sure exactly what kind of corals you are into, but I'm sure we could find something in here..View attachment 3146578View attachment 3146579
I'm sure so too! Definitely an acro/chalice/encrusting lps guy. I want euphyllia, but not sure if my Bannerfish will allow me to.

I agree with trading. I prefer trading over selling because of something happens to my tank, I know that coral will live on, and I could always trade for it again. I wish there were more people around me that I could bank and trade with. This chalice is my favorite piece in my tank,and if I lost it, I would have a hard time find it again cause it was a wild piece. I can't wait for it to grow out. It has some insane coloration.

Edit: that tank looks amazing by the way

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never really had a hard time in shipping with other hobbyists. I've sent out probably 25 "care packages" of coral and fish and received a bunch as well ranging from a single mushroom, to a 30 lb box stuffed full. As said above, the more you are sending/receiving, the easier it is to justify the cost.

I have a good thing with my employer where they allow me to use our corporate FedEx account for much lower rates and just pay them what it costs. Prior to that I used to go through ship your aquatics, which also gets discounted rates on shipping.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Ultimate Corals
Back