+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.
I have a CBB who eats frozen like crazy.
I got some new Trachys and this morning before lights came on, I saw him trying eat/ make a tearing headshake motion when he bit the trachy.
I love my CBB and was wondering if there is anything I can do to discourage him from picking at my trachys.
He eats alot, i feed 3 cubes a day and he gets the majority of the food.
Any suggestions before i rehome him?
Im holding out hope that the corals might have had something on them that he was picking off, but the tearing motion doesn't fare well for that thought

Thanks!

AquaCave Logo Banner

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.
I got some new Trachys and this morning before lights came on, I saw him trying eat/ make a tearing headshake motion when he bit the trachy.
I love my CBB and was wondering if there is anything I can do to discourage him from picking at my trachys.
Im holding out hope that the corals might have had something on them that he was picking off, but the tearing motion doesn't fare well for that thought

Thanks!
CBB are usually on the more reef safe line, but if they are going to, its going to be with fleshy lps. If it already eats like crazy and is still doing it, you are probably going to have to choose one over the other. CBBs are always picking and pecking at rocks and such regardless of how hungry they are.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.

Thanks!
Honestly, nothing will detract a CBB or any Coral risky fish from a coral that is fleshy and resembles a sponge or will grow sponges on its base in the wild.

AquaCave Logo Banner
World Wide Corals
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back