Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V8 doesn't mean anything. (I ended up buying the corvette). So no biased judgement here. But a 5.0 v8 will get smoked by that boxster more than likely. Cylinders aren't displacement. A 7.0 v8 would destroy a boxster however.

You are right though there is not replacement for displacement.

Bragging rights? ;)

World Wide Corals

Friday24

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beg to differ it would take a lot of displacement to make up for twin 88 mm turbos.

And what street car runs a single, let alone dual 88mm turbo? The only time I've seen a turbo that large it's been on a v8, not even close to street legal, only exception of maybe a v6 diesel.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Avast

Adam113

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V8 doesn't mean anything. (I ended up buying the corvette). So no biased judgement here. But a 5.0 v8 will get smoked by that boxster more than likely. Cylinders aren't displacement. A 7.0 v8 would destroy a boxster however.

You are right though there is not replacement for displacement.

Displacement doesn't quite matter in today's automobiles either... my Cobra is a 4.6 running low 11's in the 1/4 mile. 509/533 to the wheels. There are also many 6 cylinders out there that would wreck my car on a road track as well as the quarter mile. Technology today is incredible.

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see from my avatar I own a C6 Corvette, except mine is a Z06 which from the factory comes with a 7.0 liter 427 ci motor.
As mentioned before the LS based engines are one of the best engines built and not just in GM's all cars. People everywhere do LS swaps into anything they can cram them into. They are reliable and can make a lot of power. Because they have been out for some time, and there are a few different variations of the LS there are parts everywhere for them, shops everywhere, tuners everywhere... you could get a reliably built LS2 (which is what you are looking it) pushing anywhere from 550-700hp to the wheels for under 6 grand in mods and wrench time. If that is what you are looking to do, and intend on keeping it then its up to you if you think thats a good deal.
I personally would not spend that much for a vette with that many miles. lets assume the motor and drive train are impeccable... you have suspension, interior wear and tear, just so many things that need to be freshened up at that mileage marker.
Another thing to add, I love my vette, and i have it currently at 650hp at the wheels, but i hate how primitive the interior is on this gen vette (the same you are looking at). Compare it to the CTS-V of the same era, or any other Jap car and you will feel like you in a car from the 90's....
I am part of a vette forum that has C6's for sale all the time every day. Maybe you want to check there and see the prices for a 2005-2006 base.
If you need any more info let me know..
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvettes-for-sale-98/

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back