Cannot Setup Repaired Apex

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just finally got my repaired Apex A3 Pro back from Neptune and I'm having trouble setting it back up. I've even done a device restart & reset and it still won't connect. Tried powering it off of two different EB832s (one brand new).

When I search for it with Wi-Fi it finds the Apex Setup SSID, but then just sits on the connecting page with the spinning circle forever (like 30 minutes).

I'm at my wits end with this darn thing. I've waited over a month to get the device back after an AOS update crashed it and now that I finally have it back, it won't work.

I tried a spare regular apex (non-pro) Apex and the setup goes through immediately so I don't believe it's my wifi. It seems like there is something wrong with this device.

What's also weird is the setup SSID doesn't match the serial number on the device. It looks like they sent me back a refurbished device with a sticker showing my serial number stuck over top of the original serial number. The device I sent back also did not have those large gouges on the back of it from a mounting screw because mine has been sitting in a water resistant box since I got it.

Apex Connecting.jpg Apex Back Damage.jpg

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you tried Apex support or the Apex forum?
I ended up calling support and they got me working.

I do believe that the device I got was in fact refurbished though. It was broadcasting a WiFi SSID that did not match my serial number so it wasn’t connecting.

He reloaded the firmware or something in terminal and that got it working.

I’m still not happy about getting a different device back that has scratches on the back of it, but frankly I don’t have the energy to deal with them anymore. I just need it to monitor the tank until my new tank is running which will be on Hydros.

I do really like the original trident, but I haven’t had a good experience with the Apex itself. 2 units in 2 years… Hopefully the Hydros X10s alkalinity monitor works well and I’ll be content testing the other parameters by hand periodically. That’s really all I care about.

The apex will probably go on a QT tank or my mixing station or something.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back