+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your ISO is too high which will
Most probably add too much noise in your image. I’d either as a bit of white light to decrease the blue and or shoot in raw and correct color balance in post processing. An orange filter can help but it adds a color cast that I’ll also need to correct in post processing.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
IIDRYWATERII

IIDRYWATERII

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
IIDRYWATERII

IIDRYWATERII

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your ISO is too high which will
Most probably add too much noise in your image. I’d either as a bit of white light to decrease the blue and or shoot in raw and correct color balance in post processing. An orange filter can help but it adds a color cast that I’ll also need to correct in post processing.
Ye I’ve reciently droppers iso to 200-600 and altered the apature…… going to try no filter later

Top Shelf Aquatics

Big E

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you tried using the pre-sets? I'm using shade 7000k on my Cannon Rebel T7i
and my pics come out good. I don't run heavy blue though,more like 14K.

I would try to adjust your lights down to a more white ambience if you can do that.

You may also be able to work some of that blue out with Digital Photo Processor for your model. If you don't have this go to the Cannon site and download the free program for your model. This will give you more flexibility in fixing the picture. Take all your pics in RAW mode

Big E

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's a Hwrecker for comparison...........I prefer the background isn't all jacked up in blue or violet as this isn't really seen in person with your own eyes unless it's a pic with very heavy actinic.

51704138558_621630673a_o.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
IIDRYWATERII

IIDRYWATERII

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a Hwrecker for comparison...........I prefer the background isn't all jacked up in blue or violet as this isn't really seen in person with your own eyes unless it's a pic with very heavy actinic.

51704138558_621630673a_o.jpg
It this day time picture or end of day when lights are ramping down except blue?

Big E

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't run ramp up or down or blue dawn/dusk. I run all on/off with T5. You can do the same thing with LED as long as you have a daylight setting that isn't overly blue. How you actually run the tank doesn't really matter.

If you run heavy blue all the time just have a setting on your lights for picture taking that is more towards 14k or white/light blue. This gives the ability to adjust the colors with the DPP later on. If the pic is all blue when in raw format you can't do anything with the photo as you can't eliminate the heavy blue.

OP
OP
IIDRYWATERII

IIDRYWATERII

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't run ramp up or down or blue dawn/dusk. I run all on/off with T5. You can do the same thing with LED as long as you have a daylight setting that isn't overly blue. How you actually run the tank doesn't really matter.

If you run heavy blue all the time just have a setting on your lights for picture taking that is more towards 14k or white/light blue. This gives the ability to adjust the colors with the DPP later on. If the pic is all blue when in raw format you can't do anything with the photo as you can't eliminate the heavy blue.
Nice thanks

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back