Can you ID these parts from a lost plumbing kit?

AI Hydra

Ashibashi

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

After a lot of general life chaos I'm finally ready to get back on the horse and set up my aquarium.

I got an innovative marine Nuvo 40 EXT a while back and in the course of aforementioned chaos, the little pack of bits that came with it for plumbing got lost. It doesn't help that the tank has now been discontinued.

I asked the company for a replacement and they quoted me $50 bucks which I thought was a bit extortionate. So I was hoping I could possibly just source the parts myself, but I'm having trouble finding them or being sure that what I'm looking at is the same thing.

Here are photos of what they looked like when I first got them and how they're described in the manual.

20210729_105917.jpg

Screenshot_20230325_145951_Samsung Notes.jpg

The part #s listed turn up nothing on their website or Google so thats a dead end. For example, the 1" diameter E-drain pipe I'm pretty sure is just a short piece of PVC pipe.

I found some 1" and 3/4" bulkheads when searching the listed keywords but I was seeing the 1" frequently being made of ABS and the 3/4" made of PVC. Would that make any sense or should they be made of the same thing?

Also if you guys have opinions on manufacturers I'd love to hear it. I'm a little uneasy about random amazon sellers which is where I found a lot of possible replacements.

Any help appreciated. Thank you very much!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

ryanjohn1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting them from Amazon will probably cost about the same with shipping and you’re probably gonna end up getting junk. May be best to get from them or does you local fish shop have stuff. Or even look on bull reef supply website can probably get them for a few buck cheaper

Avast

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi guys,

After a lot of general life chaos I'm finally ready to get back on the horse and set up my aquarium.

I got an innovative marine Nuvo 40 EXT a while back and in the course of aforementioned chaos, the little pack of bits that came with it for plumbing got lost. It doesn't help that the tank has now been discontinued.

I asked the company for a replacement and they quoted me $50 bucks which I thought was a bit extortionate. So I was hoping I could possibly just source the parts myself, but I'm having trouble finding them or being sure that what I'm looking at is the same thing.

Here are photos of what they looked like when I first got them and how they're described in the manual.

View attachment 3081238

View attachment 3081240

The part #s listed turn up nothing on their website or Google so thats a dead end. For example, the 1" diameter E-drain pipe I'm pretty sure is just a short piece of PVC pipe.

I found some 1" and 3/4" bulkheads when searching the listed keywords but I was seeing the 1" frequently being made of ABS and the 3/4" made of PVC. Would that make any sense or should they be made of the same thing?

Also if you guys have opinions on manufacturers I'd love to hear it. I'm a little uneasy about random amazon sellers which is where I found a lot of possible replacements.

Bulk Reef
saltwaterfish.com
aquaCave.com
premium aquatics

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

View attachment 3081238

View attachment 3081240

For $50 I'd just give them the money, especially if that includes shipping.

If you do decide to buy the bits independently I'd be interested in what it ends up costing.

Nutramar Foods
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Inkbird
Back