10” hi fin snapper
7” blue dot ray (disk)
Rabbit fish 7”
Polleni grouper (hasn’t ever gone after smaller fish) 6”
5” blue throat trigger
2 dwarf angels (3”,4”)
7 tangs (3”-10”)

there’s a couple fish I want to finish off my tank:
Copperband butterflyfish (is this an exception to the No butterfly W ray rule due to the small long skinny mouth?
Some type of anthias, I can source 5” ones

a few wrasse (coris, leopard, tamarin, royal pencil wrasse, Aussie tusk)

NYaquatics commonly gets in 5”+ ones, of each wrasse.

If any of my wish list is a bad idea, what would be a cool swap out?

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can it be done?

Current stock:
10” hi fin snapper
7” blue dot ray (disk)
Rabbit fish 7”
5” blue throat trigger
2 dwarf angels (3”,4”)
7 tangs (3”-10”)

Copperband butterflyfish (is this an exception to the No butterfly W ray rule due to the small long skinny mouth?

i say youre every maxed out, yours is a 210 gallon or is it 250?

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
240, 7’, 26”
I wouldnt, youve got some massive fish with a massive bioload (snapper, grouper, tangs, ray and the trigger). I think if you wanted to add these fish get rid of those bigger bioload fish I mentioned (mostly the ray, snapper, and grouper) to free up space and bioload for more fish, otherwise keep it where its at. Just my two cents.

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can it be done?

Current stock:
10” hi fin snapper
7” blue dot ray (disk)
Rabbit fish 7”
5” blue throat trigger
2 dwarf angels (3”,4”)
7 tangs (3”-10”)

The leopard, pencil, and probably tamarin are too small/shy. I suggest bigger wrasse.
  • Any species of true Coris wrasse
  • Bird wrasse
  • A Thalassoma like a banana
  • Dragon wrasse (honestly the funnest fish I’ve ever owned)
  • Tuskfish
  • Red breasted Māori
  • Hogfish

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt, youve got some massive fish with a massive bioload (snapper, grouper, tangs, ray and the trigger). I think if you wanted to add these fish get rid of those bigger bioload fish I mentioned (mostly the ray, snapper, and grouper) to free up space and bioload for more fish, otherwise keep it where its at. Just my two cents.
in theory, if I put both dwarf angels, and some of the smaller tangs in a separate tank, could I replace with my other list?

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in theory, if I put both dwarf angels, and some of the smaller tangs in a separate tank, could I replace with my other list?
Not really, I think youre already overstocked as it is and if you want to keep your huge fish with that bioload its asking for problems eventually. Learned that the hard way when I overstocked my 125 gallon and realized I needed to get my fish a far bigger home which I did. Is your display tank by itself 240 gallons or is that including a sump?

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, I think youre already overstocked as it is and if you want to keep your huge fish with that bioload it’s asking for problems eventually. Learned that the hard way when I overstocked my 125 gallon and realized I needed to get my fish a far bigger home which I did. Is your display tank by itself 240 gallons or is that including a sump?
according to Red Sea, the tank itself is 192, sump 48. But they calculate water volume differently- using the normal method, it’s more like 230-240 display, I’d estimate the sump is 90 complete full, but usually 2/3. So 60.

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, I think youre already overstocked as it is and if you want to keep your huge fish with that bioload its asking for problems eventually. Learned that the hard way when I overstocked my 125 gallon and realized I needed to get my fish a far bigger home which I did. Is your display tank by itself 240 gallons or is that including a sump?
1726276235987.png

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
according to Red Sea, the tank itself is 192, sump 48. But they calculate water volume differently- using the normal method, it’s more like 230-240 display, I’d estimate the sump is 90 complete full, but usually 2/3. So 60.
Okay so this tank is wayyy smaller than I thought it was, thats so many fish for a 192 gallon tank and take away however many gallons for your rock and sand… more like a 160 gallons of actual water in the display

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so this tank is wayyy smaller than I thought it was, thats so many fish for a 192 gallon tank and take away however many gallons for your rock and sand… more like a 160 gallons of actual water in the display
Everyone calls a “180”, 180 gallons, even though they’re the outside dimensions aswell. before rock/That’s why I said Red Sea doesn’t calculate tank size normally

Before rock and sand, a “180” holds about 155 gallons of water
1726281056457.png

1726280751269.png

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone calls a “180”, 180 gallons, even though they’re the outside dimensions aswell. before rock/That’s why I said Red Sea doesn’t calculate tank size normally

Before rock and sand, a “180” holds about 155 gallons of water
1726281056457.png

1726280751269.png
Missing the point. For example, my tank is 300 gallons. Thats the display only. Sump is 60 gallons. I dont say its a 360 gallon tank because I dont, I have a 300 gallon tank. You said the 240 included a sump water volume and the display its self was 192 and the sump 48, so basically a 192 gallon tank by what you said above? And yeah youre correct about the 180 but thats a display volume not a sump and display volume together was my point, not trying to argue but just point that part of the equation out based on what you said above.

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missing the point. For example, my tank is 300 gallons. Thats the display only. Sump is 60 gallons. I dont say it’s a 360 gallon tank because I dont, I have a 300 gallon tank. You said the 240 included a sump water volume and the display its self was 192 and the sump 48, so basically a 192 gallon tank by what you said above? And yeah youre correct about the 180 but thats a display volume not a sump and display volume together was my point, not trying to argue but just point that part of the equation out based on what you said above.
Because red sea calculated with inner dimensions and water height factored in, yes, the water volume is only 192 for display 48 for sump. But, to put into perspective if calculated the same way on your tank, your display water volume would be between 240-250 (if your 300 is 8’ by 2’ by 30”). I get your point on why water volume matters though

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Can it be done?

Current stock:
10” hi fin snapper
7” blue dot ray (disk)
Rabbit fish 7”
5” blue throat trigger
2 dwarf angels (3”,4”)
7 tangs (3”-10”)

I would hold. these fish have potential to grow and if quarantine ever needed, you have an issue on your hand

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back