+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I've got a question can you put 2 clown fish in my new aquarium it has been running with a filter for like 3 weeks now I was wondering if I can put clowns in my tank or not

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner

chickendirt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to cycle the tank. And I mean like really cycle it. Not half done like I initiated mine first go round. Live rock speeds up the process. I hear one pound per gallon but I don’t think I used that much.

Nutramar Foods

Graemesreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've put dry rocks in my aquarium
This is one reason most of us told you to start with live rock when you asked last week. It helps everything get moving in the right direction. No dont put any clowns in yet, cycle the tank first.

Avast
OP
OP
A

Alice81216

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one reason most of us told you to start with live rock when you asked last week. It helps everything get moving in the right direction. No dont put any clowns in yet, cycle the tank first.
That's why I couldn't put any live rock in my aquarium so I am trying with dry rock

World Wide Corals

GatorGreg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I couldn't put any live rock in my aquarium so I am trying with dry rock
That’s ok that you don’t have live rock.l in your area. You can’t help that. It’s also very expensive to have it shipped to your door.

I prefer live rock tremendously over dry. But let’s just forget about that.

You have dry rock and bottled bacteria. You’re going to have to show great patience here. It’s going to take longer than live rock set ups. No don’t put clowns in your tank yet. If you’re not sure it’s cycled. It’s been 3 weeks. If you did it properly it should be close to ready. But only you can verify that.

Avast
OP
OP
A

Alice81216

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s ok that you don’t have live rock.l in your area. You can’t help that. It’s also very expensive to have it shipped to your door.

I prefer live rock tremendously over dry. But let’s just forget about that.

You have dry rock and bottled bacteria. You’re going to have to show great patience here. It’s going to take longer than live rock set ups. No don’t put clowns in your tank yet. If you’re not sure it’s cycled. It’s been 3 weeks. If you did it properly it should be close to ready. But only you can verify that.

Okay thank you

Top Shelf Aquatics

GatorGreg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a sticky newbies are required to read before asking for help? I dont mean to sound rude but looks like 90% of posts can be answered by having a required article to read..
There use to be one but I forget where it went. When I was on nano reef it use to get posted almost every time it came up. No one would even entertain it. They would just post the link to the thread and tell them to read it.

It broke down the nitrogen cycle in laymen’s terms and also laid out the difference in cycling methods. Fresh ocean rock shipped wet in water, live rock shipped in wet paper towels (some die off, soft cycle). Fresh LFS cycled rock. Then dry rock and so on. It was a fantastic and easy to follow thread.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back