+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Vetteguy knows his shnitz. I caught what he was trying to say, and saw how it could be misunderstood. I’m not on social media anywhere so sometimes my typing doesn’t come out correct, but if we were all in person to talk face to face I bet every one of us would be best friends and talk for hours and hours.
Thank you again and those who know me well or have met me at various shows can attest that i'm sociable and outgoing. I dont take insults lightly. Been doing this for decades and my goal is to see reefers like yourself Successful. I spend countless hours on here for that very reason.
Not to pose blame but my cell phone cant possibly be a smart phone- It misspells and suggests words I never intended to put in sentences. There has to be better technology. . lol.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re both great contributors and I appreciate you both. Water under bridge.

Next: any opinions on the dots under the skirt? Color of foot??? Dots... They appear to go all the way down, and not as defined as I have seen on LTA. Color has no orange.., OP?
OPINIONS???
Yeah, it doesn’t look quite right for an lta, but it’s not ‘right’ for a condy either. I have seen pics of lta’s without a red foot, so I don’t think that’s a deal breaker either way.

OP
OP
ragnarokreviews

ragnarokreviews

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah as far as color goes, it seems the clads I used A or B, according to the supplier. I don't know much about Zooxan other than the basics, but I do know they contribute and help makeup coral color. Its possible if I got different types of Zooxan I might be able to play God with the coloration a bit but not sure. We may have to set aside color as an identifier in the meantime considering it came back from being bleached.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re both great contributors and I appreciate you both. Water under bridge.

Next: any opinions on the dots under the skirt? Color of foot??? Dots... They appear to go all the way down, and not as defined as I have seen on LTA. Color has no orange.., OP?
OPINIONS???
I'm still going with condy. The overall shape and tentacles are too different to be anything else. Not an H. crispa, tentacles are WAY too thick and disk is too small compared to tentacle size, although color and verrucae somewhat match. Not M. doreensis, as tentacles don't curl and lack of red foot. Not a magnifica, due to tentacle size, disk size, and foot. Obviously not a carpet, hellfire, or beaded anemone. Not a rock flower.

All that leaves is Condylactis gigantea, which honestly looks the closest anyways. It looks exactly like a lot of the condy nems I see snorkeling here in St Kitts. The fact that your clowns didn't like it and it has a decent stickiness (strong sting) in your tank also supports this.

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah as far as color goes, it seems the clads I used A or B, according to the supplier. I don't know much about Zooxan other than the basics, but I do know they contribute and help makeup coral color. Its possible if I got different types of Zooxan I might be able to play God with the coloration a bit but not sure. We may have to set aside color as an identifier in the meantime considering it came back from being bleached.
Yeah, zoo is actually brown, something aside from (or in addition to) the zoo causes specific coloration.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I too believe clads a & B. Fortunately most anemones bounce back from bleaching easily

Nutramar Foods

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you again and those who know me well or have met me at various shows can attest that i'm sociable and outgoing. I dont take insults lightly. Been doing this for decades and my goal is to see reefers like yourself Successful. I spend countless hours on here for that very reason.
Not to pose blame but my cell phone cant possibly be a smart phone- It misspells and suggests words I never intended to put in sentences. There has to be better technology. . lol.
Ok, I didn’t insult you. You are outright attacking me. You essentially implied the op was an idiot because he said he gave the anemone zooxanthelle (which the product shown in the video clearly stated on the packaging). You then made several factually inaccurate statements. If you hadn’t been so disrespectful of the op, I wouldn’t have said anything at all. I corrected them. I did not insult anyone. If you consider someone pointing out errors that you make insulting, that shows a level of arrogance and a disregard of science and facts. Please stop.

Taylor t

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it doesn’t look quite right for an lta, but it’s not ‘right’ for a condy either. I have seen pics of lta’s without a red foot, so I don’t think that’s a deal breaker either way.
Yeah, I glazed over all the Condy’s for years so I’m not real familiar on all their attributes. But to me, I know a lot of guys don’t like to look at tents, and I agree as to not use tents as ID, but the tents look too bulbous and unlike LTA. Maybe not a condy either... Sometimes tents do have an underlying ID property to them, but only to some that have seen a LOT of nems of...certain types... we all have varying experience... and thanks Rtaylor for the ID of not relying on orange foot. All the LTA I’ve seen have orange, but there’s a LOT I haven’t seen. Thanks!

MY THOUGHTS, OP, I’d buy it, cost dependent... (Under $100, but some may say under $10 lol) I think you’d be happy long term... my opinion. My gut thinks a clown would take to it, but that comes with risk to try. I bet good light and good water would change that anemone to be a show stopper. Best of luck to you, let us know what you decide!

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I glazed over all the Condy’s for years so I’m not real familiar on all their attributes. But to me, I know a lot of guys don’t like to look at tents, and I agree as to not use tents as ID, but the tents look too bulbous and unlike LTA. Maybe not a condy either... Sometimes tents do have an underlying ID property to them, but only to some that have seen a LOT of nems of...certain types... we all have varying experience... and thanks Rtaylor for the ID of not relying on orange foot. All the LTA I’ve seen have orange, but there’s a LOT I haven’t seen. Thanks!

MY THOUGHTS, OP, I’d buy it, cost dependent... (Under $100, but some may say under $10 lol) I think you’d be happy long term... my opinion. My gut thinks a clown would take to it, but that comes with risk to try. I bet good light and good water would change that anemone to be a show stopper. Best of luck to you, let us know what you decide!
I agree the tents look much more like a condy….it’s the verracue that I can’t overlook. Unless that’s not what those spots are and it’s a temporary coloration (or just not a good pic?) from the bleaching, repopulating process?

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
ragnarokreviews

ragnarokreviews

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys lets not start fighting here, I think there was just some mutual misunderstandings in regards to typos, readings and context stated. It's all good and you both have made great contributions. Lets try and move on back to science and trying to figure out what the heck I bought and resurrected from Petco here haha. I appreciate everyone here trying to help. Condy sounds pretty legit so far.

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys lets not start fighting here, I think there was just some mutual misunderstandings in regards to typos, readings and context stated. It's all good and you both have made great contributions. Lets try and move on back to science and trying to figure out what the heck I bought and resurrected from Petco here haha. I appreciate everyone here trying to help. Condy sounds pretty legit so far.
Not my intention, apologies

OP
OP
ragnarokreviews

ragnarokreviews

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey no worries. I honestly think it is the Condy G too as has been mentioned by a few of you. As for the dots, they 360 it. I am not seeing those on the images I have searched but maybe the lighting was never right for those?

He hasn't ever moved. Seems to like where I put him from day 1. He shrinks down and deflates every night, reinflates when timer lights comeback on in the morning.

@Taylor t you offering to buy my resurrected nem lol?

Taylor t

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it’s a gigantea ;)

Yeah, sorry... no room at the inn

yeah, I’m not interested in LTA due to the massive size that can achieve. I love LTA, but not for me right now. And if it’s not LTA, not interested in it anyways.

although I don’t have any fish to lose, I’m about to add sand and put forth some effort in my tank it’s been idle a year or so. I have 7 gigs I’d like to reduce to 4 over the next year, and add corals next year so we will see... Always a work in progress, THATS the fun!

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I recently made a video showing how I saved an anemone but to this day I still can't quite get an ID on it. I think its a long tentacle but I am not sure. I also reckon, its possible the batch of zooxanthellae I used could throw off whatever color it originally was but I suspect that's unlikely. Any help?

@OrionN

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey no worries. I honestly think it is the Condy G too as has been mentioned by a few of you. As for the dots, they 360 it. I am not seeing those on the images I have searched but maybe the lighting was never right for those?

He hasn't ever moved. Seems to like where I put him from day 1. He shrinks down and deflates every night, reinflates when timer lights comeback on in the morning.

@Taylor t you offering to buy my resurrected nem lol?
Im having Orion look at this. He is pretty sharp with nems.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back