Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a nice rose bubbletip. he came from the lfs fixed on a rock so I placed him in good light and a moderate flow area and he looked great for a few days. He moved around his rock trying different positions but has now left the rock and re located right at the back of the tank, behind a rock, just off the substrate in very low light and flow which I understand is not a great place.
He seems to be sticking with it which is very annoying because he is all but invisible! Will he eventually react to the poor conditions of that location and move again? Or do I try and peel him off and put him somewhere better?

CLICK TO VIEW
Top Shelf Aquatics

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also feed your Bubble-Tip. The Best thing is Silversides. Most PetCo’s Sell them. Cut a small slice through the Silversides and feed it everything, don’t clean it. I divide the Silversides up in Vacuum Bags and keep ithem in the Deep Freeze. A package last a long time. By Feeding they will Reproduce by dividing or having babies.

j.falk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTAs have always hid for the first couple of days after getting them. Leave it alone...do not try to move it...it'll come back out when it wants to. If you mess with it, you'll just stress it out and make things worse. They also tend to be more active at nighttime. Turning your lights off for awhile might entice it to come back out quicker.

Do NOT feed it until after it has come back out and settled itself into a place that it likes. Trying to feed them while they are hiding will cause further stress.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
World Wide Corals
Back