Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a new in-box JBJ 45 from local fish-shop 2 weeks ago.
Tank leveled.
Performed a 24 hour leak test with no issues.
Filled with sand, salt water and life rock. No livestock in.
Decided to shine a light on the on the silicone seam about a week ago and noticed these small bubbles in the front left corner.
I've been watching them daily for the past week... new ones are not developing, current bubbles are not changing..

Is this anything to be worried about?
This seems to be the only spot where I can see bubbles in the seam.
346101435_712394717243271_7110088532684977399_n.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice picture of the area of concern. I don’t think the tank is going to fail with that minor issue. The bigger issue is can you forget about it? Keep an eye on it but if you find yourself losing sleep over it then you have to decide if you can forget about it or not? Keep an eye on the area, take pictures often and compare them looking for any changes. If it remains unchanged then you should relax. Sorry about the situation.

OP
OP
C

CptnZoso

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice picture of the area of concern. I don’t think the tank is going to fail with that minor issue. The bigger issue is can you forget about it? Keep an eye on it but if you find yourself losing sleep over it then you have to decide if you can forget about it or not? Keep an eye on the area, take pictures often and compare them looking for any changes. If it remains unchanged then you should relax. Sorry about the situation.
Thanks for the reply. I also sent the picture to JBJ to see what they thought. Not too worried about it but wanted to get some other opinions. I'll probably opt to monitor - luckily, even if it did leak (or worse - explode) its in a part of my house that it would be easy to clean up and not cause major damage.

Avast

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FM
Back