Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I bought a new BTA about a week and a half ago and he didn't seem too good right off the bat. I've been hoping to see some improvement but I left for two days and came back today to this. My temp crashed to 67 while I was gone apparently and I don't doubt that contributed to this. I'm still getting the hang of this setup and I will put steps in place to make sure that kind of temp crash doesn't happen again. Luckily everything else survived as it was only low for about a day. Anyways his foot is pretty firmly attached and I'm currently watching him move across the tank. Along with the brightly colored tentacles does he still have hope?

80B24265-4730-4A9E-B294-E5B38B730A3C.jpeg 5D9C6EF1-A355-4796-98EE-6CCC27B6ABD9.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Mattc123

Mattc123

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's spilling it's guts out...that is a really bad sign...I would get it out of the tank before it falls apart and pollutes your water.
From everything I've read on here it doesn't seem like that's entirely uncommon with nems, especially new ones. Do you think it looks really bad? With as firmly as it's foot is attached and it still moving I don't want to yank it out ya know

OP
OP
Mattc123

Mattc123

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I worked at the LFS, the anemones that would come in looking like this turned into mush within a couple of days. They always died.

It's your tank, do what you want...
I just don't wanna give it a death sentence with it still attached and do anything I can to help it.

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is going on 4 months soon and I put it in about a week and a half ago. So far no bits have come off.
What else have you got in the tank . Imo tank is too young and I take it that’s dry rock in your tank . You might of got away with it if your tank was full of live rock .
Watch out it doesn’t pollute your tank. If it is dead at some point take out and run carbon in your tank

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Mattc123

Mattc123

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What else have you got in the tank . Imo tank is too young and I take it that’s dry rock in your tank . You might of got away with it if your tank was full of live rock .
Watch out it doesn’t pollute your tank. If it is dead at some point take out and run carbon in your tank
I have half dry rock and half live rock you just can't see the other half. I have two clowns and a goby with some crabs and snails and a pistol shrimp right now.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just float a plastic strainer and put it in there the more you stress the worse it’ll be
Bta splits to make a better chance at survival so I would say it’s not over yet you may have two!

AquaCave Logo Banner

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will put it in a plastic strainer asap if you think that's the best course of action. You don't think I'll stress it more by moving it though?
It’s already stressed you’ll be surprised on how tuff these things are I put a hole straight through mine that’s the ones in the photo just maintain good water quality

OP
OP
Mattc123

Mattc123

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s already stressed you’ll be surprised on how tuff these things are I put a hole straight through mine that’s the ones in the photo just maintain good water quality
I just tested my parameters. Everything is ok minus the temp which is slowlyyyy on its way up. Nitrate is a little high but it should come down slowly now that I fixed the issue I was having. Should I just massage him loose from the rock and put him in the strainer? What do I do once I have him in there? I thought about getting aqua cipro but idk if that would help nor do I have a hospital tank atm

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just tested my parameters. Everything is ok minus the temp which is slowlyyyy on its way up. Nitrate is a little high but it should come down slowly now that I fixed the issue I was having. Should I just massage him loose from the rock and put him in the strainer? What do I do once I have him in there? I thought about getting aqua cipro but idk if that would help nor do I have a hospital tank atm
If he still has good footing then just leave him alone

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Torch SALE
Back