Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this stuff on a frag of hermans reds. It grows fast! I took the frag out, pulled all the briopsis off with tweezers and then covered the whole thing in superglue. All around the polyps, between them, under them, everywhere! Worked out great, although its been 3 months and no new polyps on my frag. I'd rather wait longer for the frag to grow than have to deal with that stuff.

BRS
OP
OP
colinadam

colinadam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I beat the beast known as briopsis thanks to you guys. I would have seriously chucked this frag if it wasn't for the advice I got here.
Here they are a week later, hoping they grow now that they are not surrounded by briopsis.

Here's one (I think this one has Ike's name on it)

NG2.jpg

And the other (A top down shot)

PDNG.jpg

Oh happy day :)

OP
OP
colinadam

colinadam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah D.

Have you ever been to Oceans Floor? They are having their yearly fragapolooza event this summer (I think late June), I plan on being there with Purple Deaths and Nuclear Greens.
He will have Biocubes on sale for cheap during the event :)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

d.grcich

Fat bottom girls
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have not been to the Chicago area fish stores. I need to because the ones in my area blow. I will keep fragapolooza in mind that sounds like a good time and I think my friends at Uberfrags go to that one. Thanks!

OP
OP
colinadam

colinadam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, John (fishman) goes to OF often. OF is a sponsor at Uber and has a site, I think it's like www.oceansfloor.net and his online shop is www.oafcorals.com. Cool store. Huge fish only display, I think it's like 800 gallons, has a pink tail trigger, schoal tang, naso tang and a handful of other very large fish in there. Big time SPS guy if that's your thing.

I think last year was the first time it happened and it was a huge event from what I hear.

Rukus

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone was still curious about battling bryopsis I had some experience with it. A Scopas Tang did chew on it here and there but I got a crab called a Sally lightfoot (that's what they're called in my area at least) that got rid of it all.

Not sure if it is entirely reef safe, I've seen little nips out of my fish's tails but it doesn't seem to bother corals too much.

Image from www.reefcorner.com.

Attachments

• SallyLightfoot5.jpg
    SallyLightfoot5.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 112
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back