broke head on inline carbon filter

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really appreciate all the feedback I'm getting from all of you members. Thank you very much. Yeah, I put that nut back on the drain pipe but it's still not a tight fit on the drainpipe. I don't know why it's like that. I live in apt. and the reason why I did not place the drain line hardware higher up in the P trap is because this nodules protrude out on the higher part of the P-trap so I don't think I'll be able to make the black bracket fitting flush tight . anyways the long and short of this is since I've just taken the P-trap out and replaced it and place the drain into the sink, everything runs fine and TDS back down to zero. But I really prefer to have the drain line hooked up into the P-trap in case I forget one day about the drain line and I have a flood. I have just failed in all attempts to keep p trap from leaking. The only thing I can think of is came with a little adhesive goes right around the drain line into the shop and I cannot find that adhesive. I don't know how important that was or if it is important if I can somehow make up for it. But you see how if I put the bracket a little bit higher the protruding nodules are sticking out and probably will not allow the bracket to have a tight and flush. Maybe I need a different kind of p trap. Or I Just have to always remember to put the black line into the sink when I run my rodi.

image.jpg
There's no need for those wraps of teflon tape near the nut. The seal does not happen at the threads of that nut, the washer forms the seal.
ptrap seal.png

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back