Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking about reefbrite's customization, I saw their violet XHO led at reefapalooza NY last year, and it brings out greens like crazyyyyyy.
I wonder if they would do maybe a mix if the usual blues with the violets for even more pop. Their blues also make greens look like almost yellows, pretty awesome.

Sometimes I feel like getting a spectra, sending it to get it powdercoated, maybe a glossy white...customize some cool leds. That unit just is very appealing to me

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking about reefbrite's customization, I saw their violet XHO led at reefapalooza NY last year, and it brings out greens like crazyyyyyy.
I wonder if they would do maybe a mix if the usual blues with the violets for even more pop. Their blues also make greens look like almost yellows, pretty awesome.

Sometimes I feel like getting a spectra, sending it to get it powdercoated, maybe a glossy white...customize some cool leds. That unit just is very appealing to me

I can import a white Spectra for you at no additional charge over the standard black one.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might do that! Gotta figure the leds...how are you planning the reefbrite customization? Yourself?

Yes, definitely myself... I specialize in all types of customization, modification, fabrication etc.

mrvn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Spectra... it would be difficult for me to change to anything else. However, I may retrofit some Reefbrite XHOs in place of the T5 sections. I definitely don't want to add the Reefbrites to the outside of the fixture. I'm running actinic T5s, but they just don't give the corals that pop like the Reefbrites would.
Do you think you would be able to remove only one pair of T5s to retrofit the reefbrite? I'm also thinking on getting the spectra but I was thinking on adding the reefbrites in the future. Also I was looking at the ATI hybrid but I like better the spectra I'm just concern about the weight of the light since my wife doesnt allow any drilling to hang it so I was planing on making a mount with some aluminum maybe?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think you would be able to remove only one pair of T5s to retrofit the reefbrite? I'm also thinking on getting the spectra but I was thinking on adding the reefbrites in the future. Also I was looking at the ATI hybrid but I like better the spectra I'm just concern about the weight of the light since my wife doesnt allow any drilling to hang it so I was planing on making a mount with some aluminum maybe?

I'm also wondering the same thing... but it definitely doesn't look like it. The Reefbrite housing is pretty wide. Not to mention that each pair of T5 bulbs share a common reflector. If I have to ditch all 4 T5 lamps, then I'm ok with that. But it would be even better to be able to keep a T5 on each side.

mrvn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also wondering the same thing... but it definitely doesn't look like it. The Reefbrite housing is pretty wide. Not to mention that each pair of T5 bulbs share a common reflector. If I have to ditch all 4 T5 lamps, then I'm ok with that. But it would be even better to be able to keep a T5 on each side.
If you are able to get that done I would beg you to do it on mine (If i get one). Do you know if the prices for the white spectras are the same as the black ones?

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are able to get that done I would beg you to do it on mine (If i get one). Do you know if the prices for the white spectras are the same as the black ones?

The price is the same... I can import one for you;)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
BRS

jazzmik

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Toby,

What are you running in sump since biopellets offline?

Any update to your routine....
  • ZEObak twice/week
  • Prodibio BioDigest twice/month
  • Prodibio Reef Booster once/week
  • Coral Frenzy twice/week
  • LRS Reef Frenzy once/day

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the offer Toby! I actually just bought an ATI Hybrid fixture, it should arrive this Friday. Any suggestions on how to mount the light? I'm worried about not centering it properly.

Are you hanging it from the ceiling?

Hey Toby,

What are you running in sump since biopellets offline?

Any update to your routine....
  • ZEObak twice/week
  • Prodibio BioDigest twice/month
  • Prodibio Reef Booster once/week
  • Coral Frenzy twice/week
  • LRS Reef Frenzy once/day

Well, I stopped with the ZEObak since I'm no longer running pellets. And instead of using the Prodibio product, I'm dosing Red Sea's Reef Energy Coral Nutrition, both A and B, every day.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'm planning on hanging it from the ceiling

If you get lucky, you will have joists/rafters right where you need them to hang the light... centered from left-to-right and centered front-to-back. I actually got that lucky. If not, you will either need to do some form of a beam to screw to into the joists/rafters and hang the light from the beam.

jazzmik

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I stopped with the ZEObak since I'm no longer running pellets. And instead of using the Prodibio product, I'm dosing Red Sea's Reef Energy Coral Nutrition, both A and B, every day.

What about the reactors? GFO still? How are you handling nutrient export? Dosing anything like NoPox?

I'm thinking of taking the BioPellets offline and trying a refugium.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the reactors? GFO still? How are you handling nutrient export? Dosing anything like NoPox?

I'm thinking of taking the BioPellets offline and trying a refugium.

I am currently only running one reactor with Brightwell's Xport-PO4. I like this much better than GFO... no tiny granules to deal with etc. My nitrates are holding steady right where I like them... 5 - 6 ppm. I figured if needed, I could turn my two other reactors into macro algae reactors.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AF
Back