Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made it through in two days. I found the thread here while looking around for ideas for my new build of the incoming 750xxl.

Great job with everything. I left a comment for you inquiring About your preference on LED
accent lighting.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made it through in two days. I found the thread here while looking around for ideas for my new build of the incoming 750xxl.

Great job with everything. I left a comment for you inquiring About your preference on LED
accent lighting.

Thank you, I replied!

What type of sand do you have in the tank? It looks great!

Tropic Eden Reefflakes Aragonite Sand

https://premiumaquatics.com/products/tropic-eden-reefflakes-aragonite-sand-30lb.html

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt do u use for ur tank and do you dose 2 part or something. And for the biopellets do u recommend them?

I'm currently using Reef Crystals... I'm considering switching over to Red Sea Pro though. But that will most likely change my dosing etc... so not sure I want to go down that road quite yet. I have my dosing down to a science with my current salt. I dose daily BRS 2-part Alk and Cal. Then I dose BRS Magnesium every Sunday. Yes, I am running the bio pellets again and recommend them. Just follow the bio pellet instructions, but in the end, only run about 2/3 of the recommended amount.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Now that my tank is recovering, I thought it would be best to get back to taking pics! I recently received the Avast Porthole for winning one of the Photo of The Month contests here on R2R. Thought I would give it a shot. I'm definitely not use to doing top down shots... I'll have to keep working at it. I love the Porthole though!

IMG_0522 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

Gorgeous shot man! Any new photos? :)

Avast

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using Reef Crystals... I'm considering switching over to Red Sea Pro though. But that will most likely change my dosing etc... so not sure I want to go down that road quite yet. I have my dosing down to a science with my current salt. I dose daily BRS 2-part Alk and Cal. Then I dose BRS Magnesium every Sunday. Yes, I am running the bio pellets again and recommend them. Just follow the bio pellet instructions, but in the end, only run about 2/3 of the recommended amount.

Ok thanks

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tdunmore2

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CLICK TO VIEW

tdunmore2

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Broadfield - I'd also be interested in how you fed and mounted your LED lights in the sump as well as how you distributed power to each of the LED strips used in your build if you don't mind sharing?

Did you use one 5A 12V transformer or multiple? If multiple, what did you use as a common bus?

Final question, where could us laymen/women get acrylic sheets? I'm having a fairly hard time finding a distributor of larger than 12 x 18 sheets.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size did you end up getting? And where do you get the peroxide from? I've been on the fence to use one but am not sure where to buy the peroxide from. Also, I am not sure how large the largest one is.

I bought the A. I buy 35% peroxide and dilute it down to 19.9%. I then just use 1 catalyst.

Don’t know if i asked before but what camera and lens do u use

I use a Canon 80D and a Canon EF 24mm‑70mm f/2.8L II USM lens.

tdunmore2

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the A. I buy 35% peroxide and dilute it down to 19.9%. I then just use 1 catalyst.
Awesome, thanks! Where did that percentage come from? Trial and error or a formula per gallons?
Where do you place the A? I didn't see it in your sump. Trying to get a feel for its size.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks! Where did that percentage come from? Trial and error or a formula per gallons?
Where do you place the A? I didn't see it in your sump. Trying to get a feel for its size.

I chose the percentage from their chart. I have the Oxydator in the filter sock section.

Oxydator A.jpeg

BRS

mattstanks2016

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you have probably answered this dozens of times but if you could answer it again. Over all the lights you have had, what has been the positives and negatives of each one? Right now I have the radion xr-15 but I want to explore different lights. Could you rate them on overall par, light control, looks, price, shadowing, and loudness or anything you find important to mention? Thanks

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toby, I'm considering moving my Aurora to the new lagoon tank I just set up (I miss the look my 66g has) and thought about replacing it with the Spectra. I've been watching BRS's video on it and think the 24" will work perfect on the tank which is 32" wide. From what info I can find with the Spectra it's all on or all off...no dimming correct?

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back