Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AHHHH, I CAN'T BREATHE....all my breath has been taken away by the beauty! Jealous! (but in a good way, lol) Those are Hammers, right?

Lol, thanks!

Actually, the first image has both a frogspawn(top) and hammer(bottom). The other two Euphyllia images are hammers.

I have the following Euphyllia:
  • (2) Frogspawn
  • (3) Branching Hammers
  • (3) Wall Hammers
  • (3) Torches

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

redsea01

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, thanks!

Actually, the first image has both a frogspawn(top) and hammer(bottom). The other two Euphyllia images are hammers.

I have the following Euphyllia:
  • (2) Frogspawn
  • (3) Branching Hammers
  • (3) Wall Hammers
  • (3) Torches

Ah yes, I see that now! Thanks! They're beautiful...Euphyllia are my favorite.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Love the new sump! But I will not look at this thread again until we get new full tank shots.

OK maybe I will....

BRS

flip-561

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious what model is that sump and where can i find that double media reactor,sorry to bother new to the hobby and doing all the necessary equipment build first .appreciate any help and info .love the tank setup you have am leaning towards red sea

Scarybo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious what model is that sump and where can i find that double media reactor,sorry to bother new to the hobby and doing all the necessary equipment build first .appreciate any help and info .love the tank setup you have am leaning towards red sea
BRS has double media reactor

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question what do you run in the media reactor bio pellets in both?

I currently have 2 reactors. One is an actual bio pellet reactor and the other is a media reactor... which I run GFO. Now that I'm redoing all of the plumbing, I'm adding a 3rd to be able to run GAC if needed.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The sump is a modified @Elite-Aquatics RS-33... one of the site supporting vendors on here. I had them flip the entire sump and then had them custom do the orange color for the baffles... standard color is a transparent red. You can also get this sump with a refugium, which is a RRS-33. They were unbelievable to work with and didn't bat an eye when I told them I wanted things changed up a bit from the default design. I will be modifying the Red Sea drains to align with the 1" bulkheads on the new sump. I will have a write-up on it with the parts necessary to convert the metric piping over to standard and so on. Depending on when the sump arrives, I should have it up and running in 2-3 weeks.

The double media reactors are just two AquaMaxx reactors plumbed into a manifold that I made. My new plumbing setup will actually have three of them.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

flip-561

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you so much for all the info ,I'm so amazed and impressed I'm trying to follow your exact build and set-up just with some minor tweaks bc i don't have access to a basement for that water system you have . truly amazing

flip-561

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im in the equipment buying stage right now and trying to put together an awesome set-up ,like the one you have .so any recommendations is greatly appreciated since i am new to the hobby and want it as neat and organized as yours

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
broad field sorry to be a bother with all the ? did the rs 33 fit right in the tank stand or did it have to be modified or did it just slide in

Depending on when the sump arrives, I should have it up and running in 2-3 weeks.

Already answered that ^^^^;)

You can bet your you-know-what that I'll have a complete writeup and images once I get the sump in and all of the new plumbing done. The sump will definitely fit fine... but the Red Sea plumbing will need to be modified in order to utilize the bulkheads in the sump. If you didn't want to mess with modifying the Red Sea plumbing, you could have the sump made without the bulkheads and the pipes could simply drop in like they do on the Red Sea sump.

flip-561

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for your updates ,following your build and a few others on here and your reefer set ups are sick.when is the best time to buy all this equipment?e.g. black friday or cyber monday? I'm set on reefer 425 xl .do you prefer the ecotech mp40 or th.e neptune wav ,if you have an opinion on that matter .i am also following clarksski build as well. you guys rock

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ecotech Marine
Back