Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so annoyed now cause of I have bristle worms from my macro algae, like grape caulerpa and chaeto, my chaeto was mine but grape caulerpa that I took to someone it has a bristle worms and I want to rid of them like how? I have a three tanks with same water together running and one sump so I don't want them to spread everywhere, so the best thing to do is remove all of my macro algae?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Aluco

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworms are in many tanks and some find them to be an essential part of a cuc. That said, there are many animals that will eat them. An arrow crab I've heard will do the trick. I've also had good luck with a mystery wrasse eating them.

Top Shelf Aquatics

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter what you do, you will never rid your tank of bristle worms. You can control the population with wrasses, and certain inverts, but you will never rid your tank of them.

They are an essential part of your CUC. Without them your tank would not survive for very long.

I also am not sure why people hate them so much? I actually find them kind of cute, and love watching them munch down on leftover scraps.

OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworms are in many tanks and some find them to be an essential part of a cuc. That said, there are many animals that will eat them. An arrow crab I've heard will do the trick. I've also had good luck with a mystery wrasse eating them.
I put them in my main tank at 10 gallon and it came from macro algae, I’m just wondering if they will eat my clownfish pair when they grow bigger? I’m trying to breed them

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworms are a self-replicating CUC that don't harm anything in my tank. I enjoyed watching two of them having a tug of war with an algae wafer recently. Not sure why people hate them so much.
I’m just worried when they grow bigger like inches lol

OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter what you do, you will never rid your tank of bristle worms. You can control the population with wrasses, and certain inverts, but you will never rid your tank of them.

They are an essential part of your CUC. Without them your tank would not survive for very long.

I also am not sure why people hate them so much? I actually find them kind of cute, and love watching them munch down on leftover scraps.
Okay thanks sir, I’m just curious if they grow much bigger from my 10 gallon tank and might eat my pair of clownfish lol but if they stay small I would be happy, and don’t want them to reach my 20 gallon tank when they grow bigger cause I have a bunch of cute fish over there

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just worried when they grow bigger like inches lol
Read this... Ron is an expert.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back