Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings fellow reefers. My name is David and I am brand new to the hobby. I reside in Alabama and was introduced to the saltwater aquarium world through a buddy of mine. I dabble in keeping snakes, but have since found great interest in all things saltwater. I have setup my first SW tank and have enjoyed every bit of the process. After hours of research and indecisiveness, I opted to just pull the trigger and start up a saltwater aquarium of my own. I went with a 40g breeder that you would get at one of your big box pet stores. My reasoning behind that decision was to “get my feet wet” without breaking the bank, just to see if it would be something I would enjoy doing. Needless to say, I am hooked! I just wanted to make a quick introduction. I will get my “Tank Build” thread up and going, hopefully by this weekend! Stay tuned, especially for you other reefers who may be looking for a semi-budget friendly build! Here is a glimpse of what I have going on, roughly 2 months in.

IMG_3549.jpeg

World Wide Corals
Top Shelf Aquatics

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings fellow reefers. My name is David and I am brand new to the hobby. I reside in Alabama and was introduced to the saltwater aquarium world through a buddy of mine. I dabble in keeping snakes, but have since found great interest in all things saltwater. I have setup my first SW tank and have enjoyed every bit of the process. After hours of research and indecisiveness, I opted to just pull the trigger and start up a saltwater aquarium of my own. I went with a 40g breeder that you would get at one of your big box pet stores. My reasoning behind that decision was to “get my feet wet” without breaking the bank, just to see if it would be something I would enjoy doing. Needless to say, I am hooked! I just wanted to make a quick introduction. I will get my “Tank Build” thread up and going, hopefully by this weekend! Stay tuned, especially for you other reefers who may be looking for a semi-budget friendly build! Here is a glimpse of what I have going on, roughly 2 months in.

View attachment 3134508
Welcome David,
Looking great,
Kudos for the build thread.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
AS

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the aquascape David, very nice indeed, and welcome!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NYOS
Back