Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosities sake, why did you downsize from a 40 breeder to a 28? I used to have a standard 20 that was really easy to keep and then upgraded to a 30 long and had nothing but problems. I've long thought about setting up a 40 or 53 breeder but the overall cost has kept me from doing it.
It was due to footprint and the space I have for the tank in my room. Having the 40 breeder took up a large walk space so downgrading helped a ton. Im curious what problems your running into now though?

Nutramar Foods

j.falk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was due to footprint and the space I have for the tank in my room. Having the 40 breeder took up a large walk space so downgrading helped a ton. Im curious what problems your running into now though?
I lost all of my inverts within a week of transferring them to the 30 gallon tank. After that it was time for a break so I took the tank down and threw it out on the curb. That was 3 years ago.

This weekend I'm going to be setting up an IM 15 gallon cube. I wanted to go smaller this time around due to space limitations and the fact that we'll (more than likely) be moving within the next year or two. I figured a small tank would be easier to break down and transport vs. a large 40/53 breeder.

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

tharbin

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Bulk Reef Supply
Back