Brand new to the aquarium life and need advice...

Raw84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I'll try and keep this short. I bought my daughter a tank for Christmas because she wanted an axolotl and I've wanted an aquarium for a long time lol. The tank is 187L (around 49/50G), and the dimensions are 45cm(h) x 122cm(w) x 36cm(d). I've got fake plants and ornaments ready to go. After doing more research, I found some cool tropical fish and even cooler saltwater fish, so the axolotl idea might change. The first question is, is it ok to have saltwater fish like clownfish, angelfish, basslets, etc. in a tank with fake plants and fake rocks rather than live rock and coral? Due to being new at this and my budget, I'm not looking at coral at this stage even though it looks amazing. My second question is about maintenance, I work in the mining industry, so I work 2 weeks away at work, and then I have 2 weeks off at home. My daughter lives at her mums 1 minute away from my house while I'm at work away, if she came around to feed the fish and have her step dad help her do some basic tank maintenance while I'm at work is this realistic to keep a saltwater tank or will it be a fail?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being away for two weeks at a time will make it very difficult with saltwater. A week here and there wouldn’t be too bad. Unfortunately if your on a budget to be able to be gone that long would make it really expensive.

Upvote 0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back