Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 gallon reef tank, corals and free swimming fish all healthy. I’ve had issues with bottom feeders dying. All invertebrates are fine. Lost a sand sifter goby, a starry blenny and now I’ve got another blenny with a sunken stomach. All the fish always have a great appetite and eat every time I put food in the tank. They never seem to get a full belly though and then wake up dead. I’ve treated with Prazipro twice but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. What kind of parasite could only be in the sand only affecting bottom dwellers? Thanks
image.jpg

Avast

AC1211

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 gallon reef tank, corals and free swimming fish all healthy. I’ve had issues with bottom feeders dying. All invertebrates are fine. Lost a sand sifter goby, a starry blenny and now I’ve got another blenny with a sunken stomach. All the fish always have a great appetite and eat every time I put food in the tank. They never seem to get a full belly though and then wake up dead. I’ve treated with Prazipro twice but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. What kind of parasite could only be in the sand only affecting bottom dwellers? Thanks
View attachment 3170378
When I had a diamond watchman goby I had to feed a lot to get it eating. I fed a mix of hikari pellets and mysis shrimp. Twice a day. Made sure the goby ate just as much as the other fish. Now the blennies are a different issue. Maybe try getting them some mysis or brine shrimp to the bottom consistently or use a pipette to target feed.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Deltec
Back