Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have slowly been transitioning my 90 gallon from a FOWLR to a reef aquarium and have had nearly no issues until today. I bought a green Duncan and green torch coral this morning. After going through the process of getting the coral prepped for the tank, I stuck both frag plugs down into the sand bed. Within 10 seconds of my hands being out of the tank my blue throat trigger goes and obliterates the duncan coral. I thought it may have been a reactionary thing, but the trigger returned to finish off what was left a minute or so later. Has anyone had issues with BT triggers actually eating corals? I hasn't touched any of my other LPS or leathers before. I am now worried it will eat this torch which is by far my most expensive coral. So far it has shown zero interest in it though.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

srobertb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have slowly been transitioning my 90 gallon from a FOWLR to a reef aquarium and have had nearly no issues until today. I bought a green Duncan and green torch coral this morning. After going through the process of getting the coral prepped for the tank, I stuck both frag plugs down into the sand bed. Within 10 seconds of my hands being out of the tank my blue throat trigger goes and obliterates the duncan coral. I thought it may have been a reactionary thing, but the trigger returned to finish off what was left a minute or so later. Has anyone had issues with BT triggers actually eating corals? I hasn't touched any of my other LPS or leathers before. I am now worried it will eat this torch which is by far my most expensive coral. So far it has shown zero interest in it though.
what I have found: most things that exist in the tank BEFORE I add the fish are fine. After? It’s only common sense that…

if A giant hand from space puts food in the tank 1-2 times a day... It would be safe to assume that EVERYTHING the giant hand brings is edible and for me to eat.

Nutramar Foods

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a blue throat for several years that was fine. My Niger was fine for over 6 years then one day started taking chunks out of my LPS colonies. Ya just never know. Your incident may be related to the fact it was a new placement. All of my fish check out new additions but usually they just peck at the plugs or skeleton. Maybe next time add new coral after fish are down for the night :thinking-face:

Nutramar Foods

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a luck of the draw, at least it was a duncan and not a torch. A duncanless reef is still a reef!
A torchless reef is not a reef :thinking-face: Darn and here I thought I had a reef tank but I have duncans and no torches :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Vet reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear man.
may BTT is full of LPS
GoniporA
Torches
Hammers
Acans zoos
But he did attack a green blue chromis. And killed it and now he is in the sump.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Zoanthids.com
Back