Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had him for close to a year. When I first got him he was a normal blue face koi tang. He was sold as a tri color.

After being in the new system for a couple of weeks he’s turning into this……..he’s gotten so much yellow in him and gets more and more everyday!

I’m excited to see where he ends up.

My question is what causes this and is this an indication of anything health wise?

IMG_1130.jpeg IMG_1129.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had him for close to a year. When I first got him he was a normal blue face koi tang. He was sold as a tri color.

After being in the new system for a couple of weeks he’s turning into this……..he’s gotten so much yellow in him and gets more and more everyday!

My question is what causes this and is this an indication of anything health wise?

View attachment 3145843 View attachment 3145844
Tricolour Scopas tangs tend to change colour regularly. They can be brought as a beautiful specimen and then randomly go back to being a normal scopas or even gain more colour. Not much is known about this mutation however it’s likely to be a virus that doesn’t harm the fish.

Nutramar Foods

Mowen44

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 3145843 View attachment 3145844
Beauty fish! How much did you pay and where did you get him?

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back