Blue eyed tang got into a scuffle

sullyk610

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm new here. I have a baby blue eyed tang that recently got into a scuffle with an angel fish, and is not doing too well. I'm looking at what I can do to treat him- he's got a pretty gnarly gash on his belly and is having trouble staying upright. Anything helps. Thanks

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all, I'm new here. I have a baby blue eyed tang that recently got into a scuffle with an angel fish, and is not doing too well. I'm looking at what I can do to treat him- he's got a pretty gnarly gash on his belly and is having trouble staying upright. Anything helps. Thanks
Without pictures, etc - its hard to say - but, if has a large/gnarly gash on its belly - and has trouble staying upright it suggests a significant injury - I would separate the fish into a QT tank and treat with a broad-spectrum antibiotic such as kanaplex or neoplex.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
In lieu of pics, please post a video under white light intensity.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

As mentioned, we need a good video and pictures to try and assess the issue. As mentioned, the first thing you need to do is isolate the tang from the angelfish.

For future reference, here is a link to how to make a fish disease post:

OP
OP
S

sullyk610

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without pictures, etc - its hard to say - but, if has a large/gnarly gash on its belly - and has trouble staying upright it suggests a significant injury - I would separate the fish into a QT tank and treat with a broad-spectrum antibiotic such as kanaplex or neoplex.
That's what we did, unfortunately he didn't pull through. Appreciate it though

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back