• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Blind coral swap

Tony_D

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would anyone be interested in a Blind coral swap?

Here's the Idea.

Everyone interested in participating must post an actual picture of the frag they want to play with. When there are enough participants you get a randomly selected person to send your frag to and you will receive one from someone else, kind of like a secret Santa.

Best way to do it is by group..IE a Zoas/Palys for one swap, LPS another and SPS a seperate swap.

Anybody want to play?

World Wide Corals
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Tony_D

Tony_D

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be a free for all of that what everyone wants to do, just don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt if they send a sps frag and get zoas in return.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2!

GratefulReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be a free for all of that what everyone wants to do, just don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt if they send a sps frag and get zoas in return.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2!

Totally agree with you, we all know that certain types of coral are more or less expensive than others, with some exceptions of course. Maybe have groups for the types but set a limit on the amount it can be worth, which can still get sticky because 1 rasta polyp is worth 10 radioactive dragons eyes or whatever just using names for example. I totally feel like this is something we should do, and people participating would need to understand the kinks will be worked out the more we do it.

Geo_85

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not knowing and taking the chance of getting something better, that would be the fun of a blind swap imo. Sometimes you get something you like and sometimes you won't. As long as everyone understands that it should be smooth. Maybe set a minimum and max worth. I think to participate, the organizers of the blind swap checks over each entry to see its good enough. Can run 4 different types. Zoa/Paly, LPS, SPS, and then a FREE FOR ALL.

I think a way to insure people won't try and scam and never send out their frag need to be implemented. Maybe each party pays for their own shipping which should cancel out after you send for your shipping and the receiver of your frag pays for theirs. Just a thought.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm in. I'm trusting, so I'll go for whatever rules you guys set. I've yet to be screwed over by a fellow hobbyist, and I think most of the folks on here are fun/fair people. I say, let people donate whatever they want. I figure most people will give stuff they can afford to do without.

Everyone be sure and invest in some Coral Rx :)

OP
OP
Tony_D

Tony_D

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not knowing and taking the chance of getting something better, that would be the fun of a blind swap imo. Sometimes you get something you like and sometimes you won't. As long as everyone understands that it should be smooth. Maybe set a minimum and max worth. I think to participate, the organizers of the blind swap checks over each entry to see its good enough. Can run 4 different types. Zoa/Paly, LPS, SPS, and then a FREE FOR ALL.

I think a way to insure people won't try and scam and never send out their frag need to be implemented. Maybe each party pays for their own shipping which should cancel out after you send for your shipping and the receiver of your frag pays for theirs. Just a thought.

For it to work as intended there has to be a little trust involved. We set rules in place and have to make sure Rev is on board. the basics are as follows:

1: WYSIWYG picture must be posted.
2. Set shipping dates (2 days Tues/Weds)
3. Post Tracking # but not recipient.

I for one will play it like a 'pay it forward' sort of a swap. I'll be sending out some cool pieces in hopes of maybe placing corals that people don't already have. Maybe a nice piece of miami hurricane chalice or some AoG Palys or some Sunny Ds for the zoa people.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's going on with this?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

GratefulReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we need to make this happen! =) With all the great members we have here I'm sure this would turn into something huge! Maybe a few rules for those who are looking to get over on someone like if you fail to send auto ban from the next swap, after a couple of offenses banned from site..hopefully rev is working on the logistics of it all now =)

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SR
Back