Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a Tailspot Blenny thinking about space and time on a Monti?

Great character,
View attachment 2834631

Later days,

B-Kind
Amazing! I want a monti cap for mine, now!

My TSB just started showing perching behavior. Previously spent most of its time in the water column staring at me (office desk tank) or in its barnacles.

blazn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a Midas blenny? That was one on my list to add to my new tank. I like the orchid dottyback, too, but I do worry if they may clash in a 50 gallon tank.
A Midas Blenny is a 'must have' for my DT and for years I've always had one and intend to always do so. They have great personality and different movement than most fish & are always active when I'm around the DT.

I have not attempted to also keep a Dottyback, as although I'd love to add such a beauty, I've avoided the risk of potential aggressive behavior of the species. I would have some concern as to having a Dottyback with a Midas, especially if the Dottyback 'setup shop' first and would defend his territory. If you do go that route, I'd recommend using an acclimation box to try to reduce any Dottyback aggression.

Icedog

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a Midas blenny? That was one on my list to add to my new tank. I like the orchid dottyback, too, but I do worry if they may clash in a 50 gallon tank.
I have a midas blenny and absolutely love him! He's sometimes very active, flitting around the tank. And other times he's quiet, hiding among the rocks. But whenever I come by to view the tank he pops his head out, almost as if he recognizes me!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jimdba54

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 65 gallon tank and a 20 gallon. Both have a lawnmower bleny. I’m thinking of combining everything in the 65, can I put two lawnmowers in the same tank? I have no idea of the sex of either one???

…JIM…

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
vaguelyreeflike

vaguelyreeflike

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone confirm if this is a male or female S. Fasciatus?
I originally thought male but now I’m second guessing. This is the best pics I’ve been able to get of the anal fin lol

Attachments

• 10D3C6E8-5E11-4335-BA4D-66C3E87AE912.jpeg
    10D3C6E8-5E11-4335-BA4D-66C3E87AE912.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 18
  • 107F4D88-0018-4447-A4AA-7F759EF0964A.jpeg
    107F4D88-0018-4447-A4AA-7F759EF0964A.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 23

Dierks

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my new favorite Blenny -- have been trying to get him to eat prepared foods as in the wild they eat coral. He has coral and will always be provided corals to chew on but I would love to get him to eat other foods as well.

Meal offered:
The-Sacrafice.jpg

Leopard Blenny:
Leapord Blenny.jpg

Did a video trying different foods... If nothing else he is cute!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

blazn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my new favorite Blenny -- have been trying to get him to eat prepared foods as in the wild they eat coral. He has coral and will always be provided corals to chew on but I would love to get him to eat other foods as well.

Meal offered:
View attachment 2851349

Leopard Blenny:
View attachment 2851351

I've never 'heard' of a Leopard blenny previously. Very cute, thanks for sharing!

gobybryant

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Meal offered:
View attachment 2851349

Leopard Blenny:
View attachment 2851351

Where’d you find this guy? Been looking all over but no one wants to order them in lol

lulubap

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's different between gobies and blennies? I have clown face and an antenna/pistol symbiotic in 23G nano. Could I add a blenny?
two perching gobies i'd assume? blennies normally wont take kindly to other blennies who occupy the same space as them, so i'd say its 50/50. you already have two fish who take up the same niche of space, so i'd say you're maxed in regards to that (as in if i were you, i would stick with what i have now). however with the gobies you have, they're different in appearance from blennies enough that you could maybe get away with it, but i would recommend you have a plan B. what blenny were you looking for?

AquaCave Logo Banner

LordHelm

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am coming out of a fallow. I am technically already passed the time, but can't decide on fish. I am for sure doing 2 clowns and strongly considering a blenny. I read they have good personalities. Also I have some hair algae for them to eat. I was thinking bicolor, but keep reading they could be coral nippers. I do not have any SPS corals just zoas, duncans, and euphyllia

lulubap

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am coming out of a fallow. I am technically already passed the time, but can't decide on fish. I am for sure doing 2 clowns and strongly considering a blenny. I read they have good personalities. Also I have some hair algae for them to eat. I was thinking bicolor, but keep reading they could be coral nippers. I do not have any SPS corals just zoas, duncans, and euphyllia
i would recommend lawnmowers if you're having reservations about the reef-safeness of bicolors. of course, the extent to which a fish is reef safe is a case-by-case situation, but i'd say lawnmowers are more focused with eating greens than your corals

LordHelm

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would recommend lawnmowers if you're having reservations about the reef-safeness of bicolors. of course, the extent to which a fish is reef safe is a case-by-case situation, but i'd say lawnmowers are more focused with eating greens than your corals
Thank you for the feedback. Just starting with 3 fish once I have the guts to do it. Probably will do some type of goby a month after adding first 3 fish

CLICK TO VIEW

lulubap

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the feedback. Just starting with 3 fish once I have the guts to do it. Probably will do some type of goby a month after adding first 3 fish
as a word of caution, lawnmowers can get pretty mean. i would recommend the goby doesnt look too much like the blenny in shape and color so aggression can be avoided.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NYOS
Back