Black spots on clowns

habanerosky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seeing these black spots on both of my clowns. I believe these popped up really quickly in the last day.

Reading some other posts, it looks like this can be coral stings or it could be black ich. I do have a frogspawn in the tank, although I’ve never seen either clown go anywhere near it. I did add a new BTA last week that both clowns began to host very quickly. I have seen the larger snowflake clown flashing on the sand a couple of times today.

This tank is 70 gallons total with a 50g display tank. It has 2 BTAs, an RFA, various zoanthids, a small colony of blastomussas, the frogspawn, and a chalice. Other fish are a yellow diamond goby, tailspot blenny, and an orange spotted filefish. I feed mysis, pellets, and masstick for the filefish. Parameters have been pretty stable with PO4 around .1-.2, no3 around 2-5, dkh ~9. Mg and calcium are in the pocket.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2752.jpeg
IMG_2756.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I’m seeing these black spots on both of my clowns. I believe these popped up really quickly in the last day.

Reading some other posts, it looks like this can be coral stings or it could be black ich. I do have a frogspawn in the tank, although I’ve never seen either clown go anywhere near it. I did add a new BTA last week that both clowns began to host very quickly. I have seen the larger snowflake clown flashing on the sand a couple of times today.

This tank is 70 gallons total with a 50g display tank. It has 2 BTAs, an RFA, various zoanthids, a small colony of blastomussas, the frogspawn, and a chalice. Other fish are a yellow diamond goby, tailspot blenny, and an orange spotted filefish. I feed mysis, pellets, and masstick for the filefish. Parameters have been pretty stable with PO4 around .1-.2, no3 around 2-5, dkh ~9. Mg and calcium are in the pocket.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2752.jpeg
IMG_2756.jpeg
Known as hyper-melanization may have come from coral sting such as anemone or other coral such as hammer, torch or similar. Mine got stung by elegance coral. You dont need to treat with anything as it will self heal and allowing the clown to become accustomed to the sting from host

OP
OP
habanerosky

habanerosky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Known as hyper-melanization may have come from coral sting such as anemone or other coral such as hammer, torch or similar. Mine got stung by elegance coral. You dont need to treat with anything as it will self heal and allowing the clown to become accustomed to the sting from host
Thank you, that’s what it looks like to me as well, the affirmation is good to hear.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back