Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed about 5-6 black spots on my female clownfish. She’s acting completely normal. I’m working on getting a picture of them but they aren’t cooperating. Any ideas? They love to swim around my torch, hammer and Duncan.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Homelander

I'm Homelander, I can do whatever I want.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add any new corals recently? Could be hypermelonization. Basically they haven't built up an immunity to a new coral that is stinging them yet. Very common in clownfish.
"
Hyper-Melanization

Common in clownfish, this appears as brown spots or ovals where a stinging coral or nem as come into contact with the fish’s skin. Typically nothing needs to be done to cure this as the clown becomes accustomed to it’s new host’s sting. This can occur with other fish, but again no action needs to be taken. It will heal up on it’s own.
hypermalinization-png.464581

"

OP
OP
Nate_Krohn

Nate_Krohn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add any new corals recently? Could be hypermelonization. Basically they haven't built up an immunity to a new coral that is stinging them yet. Very common in clownfish.
"
Hyper-Melanization

Common in clownfish, this appears as brown spots or ovals where a stinging coral or nem as come into contact with the fish’s skin. Typically nothing needs to be done to cure this as the clown becomes accustomed to it’s new host’s sting. This can occur with other fish, but again no action needs to be taken. It will heal up on it’s own.
hypermalinization-png.464581

"
Yes that picture is exactly what they look like. And I added a purple hammer and a torch to the tank so that’s probably it. I appreciate it!

Avast
Avast
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back