Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So........I got this email last year telling me about the black Friday deals and showing me how to spend money.
I unsubscribed. Guess what I just got again?????
Yep another one.
I even went into settings and checked the box to unhide black Friday stuff.
Is this a reef forum or a sponsor forum?
You have a lot of dang gall pushing to buy on this site!
I'm fixin to tell it like it is here...... Ban me .... I don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys. I'm sorry you're unhappy that we highlight these kinds of deals. We do our best to try and navigate this issue as best we can. Some people appreciate it. Others don't, and we get that.

To be fair, you almost never get messages or sales pushes from us. Since Black Friday weekend is a huge shopping/sale time in our country (let's be real...it's not just the reef industry running sales today), we do try to be sure we highlight sales offered by our sponsors.

However, for those who would rather NOT receive the one message we send this time of year to point to these deals, there is a way to opt out of all alerts and communications we send out (with the exception of administrative notifications). You can join the Opt Out user group (Click Here).

Screenshot_20221125_175721_Chrome.jpg

To those upset about the message/notification. I am the one who sent it, and I sincerely apologize. It was not my intent to annoy or frustrate anyone. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend despite this interruption.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I'm sorry you're unhappy that we highlight these kinds of deals. We do our best to try and navigate this issue as best we can. Some people appreciate it. Others don't, and we get that.

To be fair, you almost never get messages or sales pushes from us. Since Black Friday weekend is a huge shopping/sale time in our country (let's be real...it's not just the reef industry running sales today), we do try to be sure we highlight sales offered by our sponsors.

However, for those who would rather NOT receive the one message we send this time of year to point to these deals, there is a way to opt out of all alerts and communications we send out (with the exception of administrative notifications). You can join the Opt Out user group (Click Here).

View attachment 2913052

To those upset about the message/notification. I am the one who sent it, and I sincerely apologize. It was not my intent to annoy or frustrate anyone. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend despite this interruption.
I did that last year. It didn't work.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did that last year. It didn't work.
I just checked and you were not in that user group. So perhaps you meant to join but did not. I have added you to that user group now, so you will not receive these messages in the future.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I stand by my original post.
I'm not going to argue it with you. I've explained that you were not in that user group, hence, you received the message that you're complaining about. I've fixed it for you since you obviously intended to opt out. I've apologized for the annoyance. I'm frankly not sure what other solution to offer at this point. I hope your weekend gets better.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going to argue it with you. I've explained that you were not in that user group, hence, you received the message that you're complaining about. I've fixed it for you since you obviously intended to opt out. I've apologized for the annoyance. I'm frankly not sure what other solution to offer at this point. I hope your weekend gets better.
You have a job to do. You work for the site. I don't expect much more than that. I opted out last year. I'm not stupid. And I'm not going to argue the point either.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In the future, if you will reach out about issues/frustrations you have, we will be happy to help find a solution. I do want to remind you that our terms of service prohibits insulting or personal attacks against anyone. We take the "Be nice" rule seriously. I realize that this post was made in frustration, but in the future we ask that you abide by our terms of service. Disagreements are fine, but must be kept civil. This post crossed the line of what is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

JBJAquarium.com
Back