Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So… according to Bruno those are the less attractive type right?
All of the photos I have seen look like yellow bellies. That could be marketing though. Several people have posted here with their cb regals and I thought they looked pretty good.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

bruno3047

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with all these comparisons apart, how’s everyone’s success rate in wild csught regals? Is it worth the dollar for captive bred at better odds?
The skinny on wild caught Regals is your chances are much better with smaller fish, quarantined and taught to eat. I bought a 1 1/2 -2 inch yellow belly and fed him newly hatched brine shrimp until I could wean him over to Hikari Marine S pellets. Eventually he ate everything. Paid $270.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to take a minute and thank everyone.
I didn't need a Red Sea Regal Anglefish coming into this. I came in here to calm the storm. Turns out, the storm turned on me.
Now I need to have my Red Sea Regal Anglefish.
Thanks... not mad just poor now.

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Zionas

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these captive bred ones take prepared food (including flakes and pellets) without issue?

As to the OP, I’d say yes, but make sure you get him feeding and fat before adding him to your busy display tank. Your Tangs and more aggressive angels may pose an issue.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to take a minute and thank everyone.
I didn't need a Red Sea Regal Anglefish coming into this. I came in here to calm the storm. Turns out, the stom turned on me.
Now I need to have my Red Sea Regal Anglefish.
Thanks... not mad just poor now.
You’re a funny guy.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these captive bred ones take prepared food (including flakes and pellets) without issue?

As to the OP, I’d say yes, but make sure you get him feeding and fat before adding him to your busy display tank. Your Tangs and more aggressive angels may pose an issue.
Obviously each fish is different in temperament, etc. However, my experience is that my 3” Regal gets along with a 4” transitioning Emperor, a 5” Majestic, and a 5” Powder blue tang. There was a problem with a similar size flame angel who I had to get rid of,. There is a somewhat smaller Bicolor that they coexist but with an edge.

Corals.com

areefer01

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price is irrelevant in my opinion. I wish people would drop that vs what Bali, Biota, and Ora are doing. Never the less just know that most of the BIOTA fish are small upon arrival. Grow out tank is ideal. I put all mine in the refugium for at least a month or more depending on how fast they grow. The last one I had was the Golden Lined Rabbitfish.

I am going to place an order but I bought the forktail blenny and acropora mini colony from Palau (amazing frag btw) last week. So need to wait another week before I do. One thing I would recommend is shoot them an email from the portal. They will respond pretty quick about the though of direct to tank or holding. 500 gallons is a lot but fish have a knack of finding other fish. Something isolated so it can get comfortable is ideal.

Another reason for isolation is to allow you to try multiple foods and find what it likes the best. Also allows you to place corals in there to see what it does. All around win win if you want my opinion. This is how I found the rabbitfish likes some soft corals.

TL;DR - Biota rocks (I'm biased - rabbit fish, 3 forktails, radial & matted filefish, starry goby, and 7 sapphire damsels). Email them. All fish are different so your mileage may vary. Regals are freaking amazing.

areefer01

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes - here is the info from Biota - this is what they are eating there. As noted above you can always email them for clarity and they will let you know what they are feeding exactly. This also may help with those discussing looks.

I understand the price is high but please remember the amount of effort that breeders are going through to provide these animals. It isn't just provide it is all the IP getting them spawning, or collecting pairs, or collecting things that float to grow, to working with locals and laws and processes to bring these to us. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have the yellow tang.

1647403192297.png

Nutramar Foods

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish people would drop that vs what Bali, Biota, and Ora are doing.
For the record, the rest of your post is on point. Clearly you are passionate and care for your animals.

I only clipped this because I 100% agree with it. Search my other post for either of these companies and you will see that I support what Biota and ORA are doing.

We need more people / companies working on this. The only way to ensure that happens is to support these companies that are actually doing it.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Corals.com
Back