Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VLR3

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years of trying to crack the Potter's Angelfish our amazing team in Hawaii and the Oceanic Institute has successfully captive-bred the Potter's Angelfish. I'm incredibly thankful for the support of all of our vendors, hobbyists, and friends around the industry who have made this feat possible. This first batch is going out exclusivly to our stores but we are working on more batches to have them readily available.

View attachment 3132435
What’s the price point?

areefer01

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, $999 - Supply and demand I guess.

This is the first batch that is available to the public in limited quantities. Hard to put a price point on it while they work through a more normal production cycle. Yellow tang prices came down after they got the production adapted to after the Hawaiian ban.

Who knows really. I don't. Price seems reasonable based on this. Also it is a joint venture with the university so that could also be a reason.

I know a lot goes into breeding these, but hopefully Biota will set a better price and sell them directly to customers, like their yellow tangs.

We just have to give them time. If the Potter's are frisky and the process is reliable and sound it may be as you say.

It is a beautiful fish though.

ReefEco

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first batch that is available to the public in limited quantities. Hard to put a price point on it while they work through a more normal production cycle. Yellow tang prices came down after they got the production adapted to after the Hawaiian ban.

Who knows really. I don't. Price seems reasonable based on this. Also it is a joint venture with the university so that could also be a reason.

We just have to give them time. If the Potter's are frisky and the process is reliable and sound it may be as you say.

It is a beautiful fish though.
I know - I need to temper my sticker shock with gratitude - love that fish. I'll wait til the price comes down - can't rationalize that price unfortunately, though I'm sure they've earned it.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years of trying to crack the Potter's Angelfish our amazing team in Hawaii and the Oceanic Institute has successfully captive-bred the Potter's Angelfish. I'm incredibly thankful for the support of all of our vendors, hobbyists, and friends around the industry who have made this feat possible. This first batch is going out exclusivly to our stores but we are working on more batches to have them readily available.

View attachment 3132435
Cant wait for these to come out!
I love the Potters but the price tag from WC specimens has put me off and now it’s just a waiting game.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great achievement.

Should I assume these would not cohabit nicely with a (Biota) Coral Beauty?
It’s not easy to say it for definite - It’s like mixing large angels, we don’t usually say no to it but many of us have two or more together…

I wouldn’t say it’s impossible but it’s also likely it won’t work. If you can get hold of an acclimation box and maybe another Dwarf Angel (and your tank is 4’+) it may work.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Frag Farm
Back