+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the hobby and would like to know if Bio-media placement is crucial. I'm using the Evo 13.5 and would like to know if the bio-media can sit beneath my skimmer in the chamber furthest to the right in this picture (The overflow chamber)

As you can see, there won't be a tremendous amount of flow down at the bottom / beneath the skimmer as 'vents' don't extend all the way to the bottom.

So would this mean very little benefit would come from it being down there or does the bio-media do a good job at sort of sucking it out, regardless of where it's placed?

Thanks for your input, all.

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the hobby and would like to know if Bio-media placement is crucial. I'm using the Evo 13.5 and would like to know if the bio-media can sit beneath my skimmer in the chamber furthest to the right in this picture (The overflow chamber)

As you can see, there won't be a tremendous amount of flow down at the bottom / beneath the skimmer as 'vents' don't extend all the way to the bottom.

So would this mean very little benefit would come from it being down there or does the bio-media do a good job at sort of sucking it out, regardless of where it's placed?

Thanks for your input, all.
I would place it at overflow as water is coming in to chamber

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back