Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a Bicolor Angel (just in time for Michigan's cfp game :)) and it's hanging out in the qt but obsessed with its reflection! Standard basic bare bottom qt with a couple pieces of pvc elbows. I know these fish are territorial and I'm a little worried it will get over stressed fighting it's reflection. I have a couple bags of rocks I can put on the bottom if that will help. Anyone else solve this issue or will he get over himself...lol

Nutramar Foods

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a Bicolor Angel (just in time for Michigan's cfp game :)) and it's hanging out in the qt but obsessed with its reflection! Standard basic bare bottom qt with a couple pieces of pvc elbows. I know these fish are territorial and I'm a little worried it will get over stressed fighting it's reflection. I have a couple bags of rocks I can put on the bottom if that will help. Anyone else solve this issue or will he get over himself...lol
Maybe change the angle of the lighting so the reflection isn't as much of an issue.

OP
OP
hoffmeyerz

hoffmeyerz

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a light on the tank, just ambient light from the room. That room gets indirect sunlight during the day, so there's no way to change the light. I think all I can do is cover the bottom with the rocks I have.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're one of the most intelligent fish and it's possible that it's simply bored. How much flow do you have? I know it sounds crazy, but have you thought about getting one of those tacky pirate treasure chests that releases random bubbles? I can't tell you how many times I've caught my bicolor riding the flow or barging in a passive group of other fish. They do like stimulation.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about taping black construction paper to the sides and back of the tank? Then, if that works, you could make a flap for the front as well.

Jay

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
hoffmeyerz

hoffmeyerz

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have - or could you post - a video of the specific behavior?
I'll try and get a video when I get home.
I thought about paper but black paper on the glass too, wasn't sure which was easiest to do, adding rocks or paper!
I'll see what I can come up with stimulation.

Weeb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try and get a video when I get home.
I thought about paper but black paper on the glass too, wasn't sure which was easiest to do, adding rocks or paper!
I'll see what I can come up with stimulation.
I would also recommend a light on the QT. Sometimes you can alter its angle to cut back on the reflection from ambient lighting.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is what they and clownfish do. . . up/down and left/right following its own image. Dimming lights often help

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back