Best light option for SPS

llutin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello refers, I’m asking for for advice and opinions about Lights options for SPS Corals Tank:
I need to decide for the best Option for my SPS system:
my tank is 300 cms large, 70 wide and 60 depth. Total 450 Gal
only SPS corals

I can’t decide over this options:
Ecotech Radion Gen 6 Pro
Kessil AP9 x
Ati Straton pro 204

I appreciate and value your opinions very much because the investment in lighting systems is important and I want to make the best decision.

Happy Reefing

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is not best. Most lights on the market will do what you want when implemented properly. Usually when fellow hobbyist recommend something it is because they are familiar with it or a bit biased. Also marketing is strong in this hobby saying that you need XYZ to be successful. So your mileage may vary.

I would add to that list Reeffi 2.0 and quanta. Also set a budget, max. That will help you as there will be a pretty wide disparity between some kits. G6 and Stratons will carry a premium. Also factor in support in case you need help.

One last thing to consider is buying used. Radion G4 and 5's are very popular still so you may be able to pick some up in good condition with low hours as people upgraded to G6's.

Edit: note - I didn't actually answer so I apologize. I do not really have one to be honest.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some data to compare lights. I have Reefi-Labs Uno 2.0 lights
1722178824361.png

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back