Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two things I am looking for. Color and resale value. I am looking for one that I can re sell and make my money back and to afford more coral in the future. That doesn't mean I want to buy an ugly one though. That's why color matters.
Serious question: have you successfully kept any torches for at least 6 months yet? They’re easily the most difficult euphyllia to keep…

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

adittam

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not kept a torch coral for 6 months yet. I am keeping torches though.
I would make sure you’re getting good, consistent growth (as opposed to just staying alive) for your other torches before dropping this kind of money on one, if you’ve got your heart set on this plan. Just my 2 cents, cause they can look absolutely great for a couple months and then suddenly be only a skeleton a few days later for no discernible reason.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
T

TCseh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make sure you’re getting good, consistent growth (as opposed to just staying alive) for your other torches before dropping this kind of money on one, if you’ve got your heart set on this plan. Just my 2 cents, cause they can look absolutely great for a couple months and then suddenly be only a skeleton a few days later for no discernible reason.
I agree with what you are saying. I believe my water quality is nutrient rich hence why I started this thread, I don't mind taking advice from others though. The only things that are off are alkalinity at 10dkh and ph at 7.8-7.9. I try to dose kalkwasser but it doesn't seem to go up.

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
Review score
+5 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+5 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i prefer bananas and tigers over grails
1679547438479.png

OP
OP
T

TCseh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also any difference between holy grail and 24k holy grail?

Top Shelf Aquatics
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Wildreefs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy sounds so pathetic . Best Buy for my money, most resale value, sounds more like a business corporate raider or house flipper. It’s what wrong with the hobby, someone getting a coral they know nothing about; just to hopefully cash in on it at some point

OP
OP
T

TCseh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy sounds so pathetic . Best Buy for my money, most resale value, sounds more like a business corporate raider or house flipper. It’s what wrong with the hobby, someone getting a coral they know nothing about; just to hopefully cash in on it at some point
Get some empathy. The reason I sound like what you call a "house flipper" and saying "I know nothing about it" is because this coral is expensive and I want to be able to get my money back from it. With you saying I'm not doing my research who says this isn't apart of my research? With you saying I know nothing is because I do know nothing about the holy grail. That's why I'm asking. I know it's a torch but I was wondering if it was like a subspecies of torch that was slower growing or harder to take care of. Take jawbreaker mushrooms and gmk zoas. They are both apart of a really easy to take care of species but they are somehow really hard to take care of. My final word to you is have empathy and keep an open mind when it comes to things.

Top Shelf Aquatics

mrpontiac80

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my advice, take it or don’t.
Buy what catches your eye. My best growing torches were cheap ones. The expensive ones died. Don’t buy one that everyone wants hopefully to make money on it later. Get one you think looks awesome and if it grows and matures then maybe you can sell some frags. Also,
7834EC12-4B72-4978-908C-0EBC42BF30D6.jpeg
Look around for locals. I have a guy that sells coral in my neighborhood. 1/3 the cost of retail stores. Do they have a history you can trace back? No.. but they look cool. His hellfires, 24k’s and stuff are just as awesome in my tank as that $1000 online, difference is I paid 100 or less probably.The pic above is my “24k” as the lights were going down. I guess from my point of view, if it has the colors I want, who cares what the marketing name is?

Hats_

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think anyone can guarantee you resell value lol, maybe next month they find some new weird coloured acro that is difficult to keep and those become the new craze, dropping prices in torches again... when i started this hobby torches were nearly worthless... its a very strange market is all i am saying

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

James w Lewis

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also....you can drop all the $$$$$ you want on a special coral...like the Holy Grail....just remember, as with all Coral...it will never look the same as it did at your LFS or online retailers once its in your tank...maybe, eventually, it will get close, but not for 6 months.

Me...I'm never paying $2k for a coral...my red torch with green tips was $60...and it's awesome!
Can I have a pic of that one please.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

LA
Back