Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all. I've tried enriched frozen brine, mysis, chopped/shredded shrimp, angel formula (my regal love this), formula one and two (both pellet and flake), and prime reef.

I'm going to try hatching some live baby brine when I get the eggs in to see if this gets him going. He's about 4" and in a community FOWLR. No real signs of aggression from other fish. I got him a few days ago after 40 hours in the box (another post on that one). First day in the tank he was picking at the rocks which I thought to be a good sign. Now not so much.

AS

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bandit Angel would not eat when he came in, was straight from the ocean.

I ended up using fresh clams and muscles from Whole Foods to get him to eat. This was also in QT.

When he started getting excited to see me come to the tank, I introduced frozen foods / pellets / mysis etc... that was fed in the display and he took them after a few tries.

OP
OP
M

mnl119

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bandit Angel would not eat when he came in, was straight from the ocean.

I ended up using fresh clams and muscles from Whole Foods to get him to eat. This was also in QT.

When he started getting excited to see me come to the tank, I introduced frozen foods / pellets / mysis etc... that was fed in the display and he took them after a few tries.
I have some clams in the shell (will be half-shell when going into the tank) that I was thinking of trying. They're frozen now but I was thinking of giving them a try here. I bought them to get a finicky regal to eat, but he never took to them. Looks like that'll tomorrows project. Beats going outside since it's in the 20's here in DFW.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some clams in the shell (will be half-shell when going into the tank) that I was thinking of trying. They're frozen now but I was thinking of giving them a try here. I bought them to get a finicky regal to eat, but he never took to them. Looks like that'll tomorrows project. Beats going outside since it's in the 20's here in DFW.

29 here just west of Austin.

Excuse the bad quality, was trying to film him from outside of the room before phones had zoom lens...

OP
OP
M

mnl119

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29 here just west of Austin.

Excuse the bad quality, was trying to film him from outside of the room before phones had zoom lens...

Well, I tried clam on a half shell today. The Majestic was not really into it, but it didn't last long with the Blue Face in there. He really went to town on the clam.

What worked today are prime reef flakes. I noticed him getting interested at the surface so instead of the usual putting it into the water to avoid the flakes being sucked into the filter, I just let the prime reef flakes float on the surface. The Majestic went to town and now eats the flakes after they work their way below the surface as well. Success!!!

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I tried clam on a half shell today. The Majestic was not really into it, but it didn't last long with the Blue Face in there. He really went to town on the clam.

What worked today are prime reef flakes. I noticed him getting interested at the surface so instead of the usual putting it into the water to avoid the flakes being sucked into the filter, I just let the prime reef flakes float on the surface. The Majestic went to town and now eats the flakes after they work their way below the surface as well. Success!!!

That's awesome congrats!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back